PDA

View Full Version : dm500c freezing since thurs ireland

witko
9th August, 2009, 11:55 AM
hi is everyone in ireland having a problem with there 500c ,it started thurs lots of my mates ,same boat, any ideas what the problem is ,thanks in advance:giveup:

mtv1
9th August, 2009, 12:03 PM
this thread was started again yesterday ,what image are you using ,are you n*l or ch**us, which channels are freezing more info

witko
9th August, 2009, 01:16 PM
n@l but its effecting everyone with a 500c and has nt seemed to have touched other boxes, i am in dublin ,so i know lots of people with all types of boxes ,just seems that maybe theres something on the way , and been using 500c for over 2 yrs without any problem,until now

mtv1
9th August, 2009, 01:23 PM
i know m8 i'm in tipp have 2 500c no probs as yet unless the fix for nag2 needs tweaking only explanation i can think of i'm using dw image and dk image i didn't have to put on fix i presume you did ?

ozshea
9th August, 2009, 01:31 PM
having the same problem with my 500C on waterford ntl, as are some of my mates,

box freezes up wont respond to remote, have to switch off the mains and restart the box, using DK1.1 and hypercam 1_06,

a mate of mine has just left his alone and he said it sorts itself after 30 mins or so.

leotheloin
9th August, 2009, 01:45 PM
i have a krypt and a db500c the krypt is perfect the db all the movie channels just freeze sports channels are ok

hideous.ape
9th August, 2009, 01:52 PM
Same issue here in Cork city on Ch***s Cable.

The freezing only gets triggered on specific channels. If you switch to a channel and the audio is out of sync or picture is glitchy then if you immediately switch to a different channel it won't freeze the DM500C. If you leave it on the glitchy channel it will freeze in 30 or 60secs.

For example always freezes if left on Dave but doesn't freeze if left on RTE or Sky Sports.

timmay667
9th August, 2009, 02:02 PM
Same here, Dave, S*y movies seem to do it most frequently, the Beebs are fine for me as are Rte ! The SNR on all channels is 94-96% so i dont think that could be the problem as was suggested in the other thread!

judt wondering where the K*ys should be in the DK 1.1 image...in DW 2 they used to be in /var/scce or /var/keys in a keylist.txt file but it doesnt show up here, is that normal or is it to do with the hypercam?

billy2
9th August, 2009, 02:04 PM
is this happing with all image files or is it just d-k 1???

mtv1
9th August, 2009, 02:09 PM
yes good question any body using dw image with same freezing

hideous.ape
9th August, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'm on DK1.1

Did a reflash last night but its still the same.

mtv1
9th August, 2009, 02:14 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - dreambox 500C (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dreambox-500c-728/) this is dw image not fixed for nag 2 can someone try it and mod it and tell us if it same freezing

hideous.ape
9th August, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm still on the standard DK1.1 image with just the keys and roms from late 2008. Was out of the loop as regards any Nag2 modding.

So if you can point me in the right direction for any modding that needs to be done I can do it. But wouldn't be able to play around until tonight.

timmay667
9th August, 2009, 02:37 PM
i tried the dw image you posted last night mtv1, i put the hypercam N2 fix in /var/bin along with the 2 other hypercam files there but i couldn't get it going so i switched back to the dk1.1 image so my houemate wouldnt kill me.
What else would you have to do to get the dw image working?

challah
9th August, 2009, 02:41 PM
been up all night trying different images all the same,
signal strenth remained strong on all channels 97 39 0
this morning i hooked up a konig booster with all setting at zero
signal dropped to snr 68 increased gain till signal rose to 94 39 0 all channels back on in working order video and audio back in sync no freezing and no problems with the remote
now here's my question i used a booster to reduce my signal should a varible atenuator do the job cheaper

andymc1s
9th August, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hi guys I am using a pli jade image in dublin and the same freezing, unresponsive remote and sync problems as already reported.

mtv1
9th August, 2009, 02:55 PM
i tried the dw image you posted last night mtv1, i put the hypercam N2 fix in /var/bin along with the 2 other hypercam files there but i couldn't get it going so i switched back to the dk1.1 image so my houemate wouldnt kill me.
What else would you have to do to get the dw image working?

go to premium channel ie sports 1 press blue restart evo and it should be ok if not press yellow goto var/keys check ok and your set

smegheadz
9th August, 2009, 02:55 PM
Hi i'm in dublin and i disconnected it from N*L and kept the power and scart plugged in. it froze after a min or so :/
any idea's?
DK 1.1 hypercam 1.6

witko
9th August, 2009, 06:47 PM
on dk image ,snr 97% on all channels ,maybe to strong

trickykid
9th August, 2009, 09:19 PM
yes good question any body using dw image with same freezing

i'm using dw 3.6 enigma and evocam 2.12 and it freezes with skysports 1, haven't tried all the channels yet.
Any ideas?

rommy667
9th August, 2009, 10:13 PM
My one is getting worse & worse in the last hour its froze 6 times im in cork area using ch**us ive got digitalworlds 2.0 image as i dont know how to change it to one of the images here,are their newer "magic files" out as last time a bit of magic was done was that 11th 08 fix.......

kenmonu
9th August, 2009, 11:09 PM
have lots of mates reporting the same problems here in cork city, that are using 500c box' ex, picture freezing, not responding to remote. they pull power supply from the box and all seems sorted but then it seems to start all over again intermitinly. dont wont to be an alarmest lads. will keep ye posted.

elhefe
10th August, 2009, 12:49 AM
hi all i seem to vaguely remember some months back there was a very similar problem in the uk when their cable companies started implementing hd services. i remember they had to do somthing with disabling scanning for channels. this comes to mind as my d2box doesnt scan for new channels and apart from it missing bbc 3 and some of the music channels it is running away fine with 0 problems this has evocam running no hypercam fix.

any comments????

if there was a way to disable this in sw (no doubt there is) would that not solve our issue

just a thought any comments welcome

phester
10th August, 2009, 09:10 AM
I have the same problem on Ch*rus. on both PLi jade and an older version. Switched from N1 evocam to Hypercam on both still freezing. I could not get Mgcamd working on N2. I think it is just for 5f01 and not for 5E01.

I believe there is an option on PLI to enable background scanning. I will try tonight

Broo
10th August, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hi All, can anyone one in basic english how we can fix the dreambox from freezing.

hideous.ape
10th August, 2009, 12:08 PM
Doesn't seem to be happening to people on DM500T's or other boxes so wouldn't that rule out an intentional security initiative.

So far everyone I know with DM500C's are getting the freezing but the two people I know with DM500T's are not having the issue.

Broo
10th August, 2009, 12:40 PM
RTE is now freezing, it seems to be slowly going through all channels.

Broo
10th August, 2009, 12:41 PM
Doesn't seem to be happening to people on DM500T's or other boxes so wouldn't that rule out an intentional security initiative.

So far everyone I know with DM500C's are getting the freezing but the two people I know with DM500T's are not having the issue.

Is the software the same as the 500c

hideous.ape
10th August, 2009, 12:48 PM
Yes the software side of things should be the same but the hardware tuner is different. The people I know with 500T's are also running the same setup as me (DK1.1 image) and everything is working fine for them.

Broo
10th August, 2009, 02:30 PM
Just to let ye all know Skysports 1 has stayed on for the last 40 mins without freezing.

phester
10th August, 2009, 07:01 PM
TG4 very bad in C*rk the cam seems to glitch sometimes then the audio may go out of synch (ms) usually but today it became a few seconds late. Box responds to almost nothing as if something is hogging the CPU. if you are lucky after 30 sec it may allow a channel change or else it will crash completly. I was using evocam and moved to hypercam to try and fix this so its on both N1 and N2. I can not get Mgcamd working on Ch*rus. to verify it is happening independent of cam type. But it is diffenetely happening on all boxes that I have access to. (5+)

despdan
10th August, 2009, 08:02 PM
@phester
To get mgcamd fix working download any mgcamd via the addons on the box.
Then delete the mgcamd file from var/bin folder then put the N2 Irish fix mgcamd into var/bin folder & chmod 755 that should sort it:)

I think the freezing problem everybody is getting is down to the signal, for some reason the tuner can't handle dropping / varying signals & the box gets a brain tumour & dies.:(

trickykid
10th August, 2009, 09:02 PM
@phester
To get mgcamd fix working download any mgcamd via the addons on the box.
Then delete the mgcamd file from var/bin folder then put the N2 Irish fix mgcamd into var/bin folder & chmod 755 that should sort it:)

I think the freezing problem everybody is getting is down to the signal, for some reason the tuner can't handle dropping / varying signals & the box gets a brain tumour & dies.:(

has anybody tried this? if yes, did it fix the freezing problem? i'm having issues with E4 also.
I don't have the box connected to the net, how can i upgrade to N2?
Thanks

freck
10th August, 2009, 09:05 PM
hi all i seem to vaguely remember some months back there was a very similar problem in the uk when their cable companies started implementing hd services. i remember they had to do somthing with disabling scanning for channels. this comes to mind as my d2box doesnt scan for new channels and apart from it missing bbc 3 and some of the music channels it is running away fine with 0 problems this has evocam running no hypercam fix.

any comments????

if there was a way to disable this in sw (no doubt there is) would that not solve our issue

just a thought any comments welcome
Very good point there elhefe,what images are there that allow scanning for new channels or disabling service updates to be turned off??ITgate has this option but its not having probs and neither is dm50t as despan said.The 1802 stream could affect the box if its looking for updated services and thats the new HD channels on the network.The 500c doesnt or cant decrypt these so it could go arse up or start freezing,glitching as peeps have encountered lately.

elhefe
11th August, 2009, 12:36 AM
Very good point there elhefe,what images are there that allow scanning for new channels or disabling service updates to be turned off??ITgate has this option but its not having probs and neither is dm50t as despan said.The 1802 stream could affect the box if its looking for updated services and thats the new HD channels on the network.The 500c doesnt or cant decrypt these so it could go arse up or start freezing,glitching as peeps have encountered lately.
Freck
the thing with -t's ie mmds is that they only have limited bw they can use and they may not be doing hd test channels as they dont want to ~~~~ up a stretched system in contact with me if they experience any problems that we are having

i have friends who have mmds dm500s and ive asked them to get i dont know of any dm500 image that can disable backround scanning maybe a pm to devilfish might throw some light on the subject. i have no idea if the new dw image the neutrino one supports this as i havnt tried it but im 99% confident this is not a rom or cam upgrade. its way to much of a coincidence based on what happened
would any of our UK bro's remind us how they dealt with this problem???

challah
11th August, 2009, 02:38 AM
i have just tried the dw neutrino image and although it is not without ploblems it does not freeze
the box sometimes gets overloaded and cannot respond to the remote but sorts itself out after a few sec
not the answer i know but maybe a lead

phester
11th August, 2009, 09:10 AM
The Pli Image has the option "Disable background scanning" it has had no effect.

Question: Is it only the Dm500 that have the problem. I wonder if it is the ability of the box to handle some errors and driving the processor to 100% then it may recover or else it keels over and the software hangs

carboid
11th August, 2009, 12:33 PM
DM600 too but only on certain channels where the audio is out of sync.Initially thought it was an evocam issuse but happens after a while with mgcam too although not as bad as evocam.

Tried numerous fresh installs of pli in all sorts of different configurations with no luck.

elhefe
11th August, 2009, 06:43 PM
lads i think ill pop off a pm to devilfish if he's around to get some info about this problem they had in the uk lets see what he says before we all start doing crazy things with boxes

challah
11th August, 2009, 06:57 PM
good idea please us posted

Duall
11th August, 2009, 08:34 PM
Im having this problem in the Uk aswell, not sure exactly which and how many channels it happens on but ill be watching the channel the picture will freeze and the audio will stop, i press all buttons on remote and it does not respond, nor does the LED flash on the box

had this box nearly a week and only just begun to happen last couple days

Duall
11th August, 2009, 08:57 PM
Really frustrating now, was streaming sky movies went to change channel but no response, few seconds later box just froze!!

leotheloin
11th August, 2009, 10:48 PM
just turned on my db500c everything seems ok no freezeing did not do anything or change anything

elhefe
11th August, 2009, 11:43 PM
lads
ive done what ive said i would do i sent the pm to Devilfish so fingers crossed he might know somthing that we dont.
Elhefe

Broo
12th August, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hi All, I dont know would this do with anything, ESPN and Eurosport 2 came on my dm500 Mon night, last night I was checking all channels and the only problems I was having with are Dave / Disney Cinema. Maybe there was an upgrade from the cable receiver and just sent a clich through the system.

phester
12th August, 2009, 10:03 AM
I Can confirm that MGcam is much better than hyper or evocam. on a 1 day test. I did get a freeze on MgM movies but it did not crash the box.

This freeze is the picture continues to decode normally, maybe a slight glitch. But the box does not respond to remote. If I left it on this channel it will freeze shortly after.

If i get a change i will stay telneted into the box and see what is crapping out before a crash: is there a way of making the box log what is going on. Log "top" to a file or something

elhefe
12th August, 2009, 11:00 AM
ok i got back an pm from devilfish to say post the issue generally to see what pops up. meanwhile has anyone come up with an method to disable backround scanning that we can try??

phester
12th August, 2009, 01:46 PM
This is a option in PLI images. It made no difference

elhefe
12th August, 2009, 08:13 PM
ok ive fired up my dm500 and when i flick to seT$%a 1 it immediatly locks up so maybe its to leave it alone and wait and see. phester thanks a million for confirming that the backround scan is no fix.

trickykid
12th August, 2009, 08:46 PM
the problem in Cork area is better, got no freezing with rte 2 or e4 in the last 2 days. Maybe they were just upgrading the system and that's why the boxes went bananas. Is anybody still having problems in cork area? which channels? i can try to test them and see if it's the same in my area.

hideous.ape
12th August, 2009, 09:00 PM
Still happening on Dave in Cork area.

trickykid
12th August, 2009, 09:05 PM
Still happening on Dave in Cork area.

it works fine for me for the last 5 minutes... ok it happenend now

timmay667
12th August, 2009, 09:51 PM
It's been going pretty well in Dublin N*L today and yesterday, dave was a problem before but its been left on it all day with no problems so far, s*y mvies is going well also. I guess the original advice to wait it out for a couple of days worked out...so far!

sivhead
12th August, 2009, 10:43 PM
I tried another image from the download section. Modified_DM500_Evolution2.2.img updated the keys and scce folder, restarted the cam no luck clearing channels. Has not froze yet with this image... Do I need to rename some of the files to something else or stick them in another folder for this image... channels clear with the same files on dk1.1 so I know they are the right ones. Only difference I cans see is that it has a evocamd 2.17c installed. Do I need to download an older version of cam??

I would use the dk1.1 but it freezes every 20 minutes or so.

sivhead
12th August, 2009, 10:50 PM
I downloaded 2.16 evocamd and jkey updater at that seemed to clear the channels I will leave it on overnight and let you guys know my results in the morning.

challah
12th August, 2009, 11:07 PM
i find evocam 2.12 to be the best

don11
12th August, 2009, 11:23 PM
The mgcamd 1.29 works fine for me , well it definitely more stable the the evocamd 2.12. Don't really want the difference betwen cams is but it seems to work. Heard before that the dreambox tuners are very sensitive to signal change I also have a starview this is running with no problems.

elhefe
13th August, 2009, 02:05 AM
i concour with everyones opinion that things seem to be getting better with a bit of luck things will finally settle down and allow us all to enjoy fruits of our collective labours

freck
13th August, 2009, 06:03 AM
Yeah I'd agree with you there elhefe,over the past 18 hours reports are that the problem isnt as bad now.....dm500's dont like to be messed with I guess.
Lets hope things will improve for all and let this thread be done and dusted.:coffin:

EAMO 2
13th August, 2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah I'd agree with you there elhefe,over the past 18 hours reports are that the problem isnt as bad now.....dm500's dont like to be messed with I guess.
Lets hope things will improve for all and let this thread be done and dusted.:coffin:
You're all mad to be changing images & cams
The D.K.1.1 & Pli-Jade are working fine, as are associated cams.
When you get pixled or freezing picture, check signal levels.
If levels are down, Check all cables & fittings.If your end is O.K. complain
to cable provider. If everyone rang & jammed their lines, they might
curtail their experimenting with network. 9 times out of 10 poor signal is down to your provider. So keep ringing them & keep their staff occupied.
One thing you could try is an UPDATE-SCAN, just in case prov. has moved
channels or transponders:captain:

phester
13th August, 2009, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=EAMO 2;253389]You're all mad to be changing images & cams

You seem to have missed the point.

The boxes (cams) are not freezing on a channel. They are crashing. Shortly after a noticeable 20ms delay in speech the box will die not responding to the remote or to telnet. So it is essentially hung. This is happening on channels of both very strong and lesser signals. on both boxes with good tuners and ones with a signal booster and weaker tuners. Although I agree that the image is unlikely to be a fix. The cams in the past have given trouble.

I remember MGCAM on N1 started giving trouble about a year ago so I switched to Evocam.

EAMO 2
13th August, 2009, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=EAMO 2;253389]You're all mad to be changing images & cams

You seem to have missed the point.

The boxes (cams) are not freezing on a channel. They are crashing.

I remember MGCAM on N1 started giving trouble about a year ago so I switched to Evocam.
Sorry, Phester I misread your post , didn't realise cam's were crashing
even on chls. with good signal levels. That is nasty. I don't suppose
there are power surges or troughs in electricity supply

challah
13th August, 2009, 01:34 PM
if the reason was power surges then mmds boxes would be affected also and that does not seem to be the case

MetalKettle
13th August, 2009, 04:58 PM
Try disableing the background scanning. I have seen freezing clone 500s cured by doing this.

EAMO 2
13th August, 2009, 06:35 PM
if the reason was power surges then mmds boxes would be affected also and that does not seem to be the case
If areas of Cork city were affected by power supply problems due to local
transformer output issues, how could that affect mmds areas which are in
co. Cork & on a totally different power supply. Unless you're going to tell
me you mounted a Chorus ariel in cable area, wich was crashing, &
mmds was fine on same power supply, youre at nothing

Walkinmyshadow
13th August, 2009, 11:07 PM
Alri guys.. only picked up on this thread now...
if it's any help to you guys with dm500c's.. the dm800c is working fine..
no freezing whatsoever!!! and hasnt been any!!!!
Im using gemini image with mgcamd.. on €horus cork

PS: did a rescan about 5 or 6 days ago and got all the HD channels up and running, gone now again though
Which adds weight to elhefes theory imo

elhefe
13th August, 2009, 11:19 PM
eh up walkin my shadow
there is a difference in the hardware in the 800 as against the 500 so that may explain why you aint experiencing any problems but things on the dm500 front are settleling down now so aappy days

hideous.ape
13th August, 2009, 11:22 PM
Still getting the lockup if I leave it on Dave but the important channels all seem fine.

challah
14th August, 2009, 12:24 AM
hi eamo2 as for electricy been the problem it is untrue to say cork city is cable and co are mmds large areas of the city have no cable service and use mmds,as for myself i have both

EAMO 2
14th August, 2009, 05:36 AM
[QUOTE=Walkinmyshadow;

PS: did a rescan about 5 or 6 days ago and got all the HD channels up and running, gone now again though
Which adds weight to elhefes theory imo[/QUOTE]

Curious to know are you on cable or -T box
How many HD chls. are being transmitted:manuscarf::manuscarf:

Walkinmyshadow
14th August, 2009, 11:35 AM
Curious to know are you on cable or -T box
How many HD chls. are being transmitted:manuscarf::manuscarf:

I'm on cable m8, had all the HD channels
ESPN, BBC, Eurosport discovery, history, Nat Geo, C+I and Disney
But all gone now, black screen showing!!
Maybeeee.. if your 500c's are sorting themselves out and my HD channels have gone in the last few days.. maybeeee there is a connection!!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/walkinmyshadow/albums/my-pics/1096-challenge.jpg

trickykid
14th August, 2009, 03:55 PM
I'm on cable m8, had all the HD channels
ESPN, BBC, Eurosport discovery, history, Nat Geo, C+I and Disney
But all gone now, black screen showing!!
Maybeeee.. if your 500c's are sorting themselves out and my HD channels have gone in the last few days.. maybeeee there is a connection!!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/walkinmyshadow/albums/my-pics/1096-challenge.jpg

i didn't do any rescan and it's freezing Dave channel.
You said you got the HD channels with you dm800c, can you watch HD channels with that box? i thought you need it a HD box to see them? is there any cable HD box out? any images for it?

EAMO 2
14th August, 2009, 04:47 PM
hi eamo2 as for electricy been the problem it is untrue to say cork city is cable and co are mmds large areas of the city have no cable service and use mmds,as for myself i have both

Thanks for info Challah, haven't been to Cork lately. Might pay yous a visit
soon. There's a lot of old svu's & max-V's lying idle in N*L areas. If they all
get dumped in landfill the toxins will seep into soil & maybe into streams.
The ecological damage would be untold. Much safer to dump them in
Grand Parade where some poor souls might find them & put them to good
use, you know Sym. Rate 6875 Auto-scan, they might pick up a few chls.
I'll either get fined for littering or an award for saving the planet

Walkinmyshadow
14th August, 2009, 05:31 PM
i didn't do any rescan and it's freezing Dave channel.
You said you got the HD channels with you dm800c, can you watch HD channels with that box? i thought you need it a HD box to see them? is there any cable HD box out? any images for it?

Dm800 is a HD box m8.. so was able to pick them up.. not any more though for some reason!! :hmmmm2:
Does anyone know if they are down completely?? even on HD sub boxes?
To be totally honest im not that bothered about HD channels as long as all the rest are up and running
Hd channels are merely a bonus.
But it would be nice to know:D

ibomar
14th August, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the information

quantum
25th August, 2009, 10:43 PM
any updates on this? or am i in the wrong thread?

challah
25th August, 2009, 11:10 PM
no your not in the wronge thread its just we tried for weeks to sort this out and got nowhere maybe you have a new idea

quantum
25th August, 2009, 11:36 PM
hmmm
fiddlesticks!

challah
26th August, 2009, 08:42 PM
thanks for the offer of the null cables but how will that stop the boxes freezing

Fano
3rd September, 2009, 12:58 AM
A friend of mine has a few 500c's in Limerick and they are freezing up every so often on him for the last few weeks.
A sign of the times,is Nagra 3 far off going live in Limerick ?

mtv1
3rd September, 2009, 01:18 AM
yes m8 i have friends in limerick on eurovox they telling me channels going today looks bad m8 ah well we knew it was coming , but its not over

Fano
3rd September, 2009, 12:59 PM
They cant switch to Nagra 3 in Limerick already can they,they havent issuued new cards yet

Brethitmanhart
3rd September, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm a noob to all of this, I had a 500c for college in cork all last year and I'll be moving back in a week or two so I'm wondering does it look like there will be a fix for the freezing?
What other options do i have...could i go with a satelite box or something?

glic83
3rd September, 2009, 07:36 PM
havent heard of any channels dropping off in limerick but have friends and family who have the 500c and they have all been complaing of freezing and the remote being non responsive,are they doing network upgrades of anything that could be causing this?

Fano
3rd September, 2009, 07:56 PM
From what I have been told the PIDs keep changing

glic83
3rd September, 2009, 07:59 PM
can anything be done about this mate?

mtv1
3rd September, 2009, 08:10 PM
try diffrent image m8 ch**us are moving stuff around expecting a keyroll change soon but limerick and cork as far as i know are next they have been working on updating sys in limerick for the past 12 mts but mmds should be ok for a while i hope

chrismccabe
4th September, 2009, 09:39 PM
me to mtv1 all is ok in the north east on mds