PDA

View Full Version : can i run 4K android tv box on 1080p tv?

roryson
2nd November, 2015, 08:07 PM
Im looking at a minix neo x8-h plus tv box (4K) but my tv is only 1080p. i know i wouldnt get 4k on it but could i still use it to watch 1080p content on my tv? Thanks for any reply

digicon
3rd November, 2015, 03:26 AM
It most certainly can it just basically means the machine is capable of 4k UHD if you had the required 4k TV

cactikid
3rd November, 2015, 11:32 PM
ohh dear and where to plug the scart into,is there content that high out there or saying its future proof.

GastonJ
24th December, 2015, 08:37 PM
Will be a long while before anyone starts broadcasting Ultra 4 really. My monitor is 4k, but the only reason I got it is for teh resolution when working/gaming, nothing to do with video. On another note I'm so old that I can't work in the highest resolutions it offeers without a telescope lol

gmb45
24th December, 2015, 08:41 PM
can you really tell much diff from 4k and 1080 on say a 40 inch tv ?

GastonJ
25th December, 2015, 12:59 AM
Hmm that's a difficult one I don't have a 40 inch TV. I used to have a 29 inch hd monitor before this and yes I can tell the difference. That's from someone who spends 10 hours a day working on a computer and the other 14 hours messing around on the internet. 4k monitors are getting cheaper though, as are the televisions. Problem is, that until more than say 40% of sky's customers get 4k then Rupes isn't going to spend any money. Mind you he'll only be upscaling from hd to 4k until such a tiem as movie studios take it seriously. Since a lot of people have only just gone to HD then it's unlikely to be anytime soon.