PDA

View Full Version : USA for mustang remote coding

robert81
2nd November, 2015, 10:02 PM
Hi all

i have 2006 for mustang - usa model imported to uk.
uses remote like old transits used to do.
i want to do KD key for it.
the problem is to get that beast into remote coding mode.
i try as per various instructions but no luck.
ign on/off 5 times and it gives me a sound like uk fords do but pressing remote is not coding them - no further beeps.
according to usa procedure is 8x on/off ending ON and locks should cycle and each remote press should also cycle locks.
i cant even get the initial lock cycle.

please share any ideas how to get it into coding mode.

Thanks in advance.

clusters
2nd November, 2015, 10:09 PM
**Electronically unlock doors before trying to enter programming mode.** Cycle key 8 times within 10 seconds ending in ON. Do not press brake during programming.

All the help I can offer.

Automat
2nd November, 2015, 10:17 PM
If imported from usa, it needs 315mhz remote, check your frequency.

robert81
2nd November, 2015, 11:45 PM
**Electronically unlock doors before trying to enter programming mode.** Cycle key 8 times within 10 seconds ending in ON. Do not press brake during programming.

All the help I can offer.
i did this one - no luck.
but at the same time it makes me thinking - "**Electronically unlock doors before trying to enter programming mode.**" how would you code remote when last one is lost? no remote to unlock electronically....

If imported from usa, it needs 315mhz remote, check your frequency.
im aware of that. i can't get into coding mode.

Dziwak
3rd November, 2015, 12:04 AM
What about there is no button on the dashboard ?

camelgd
3rd November, 2015, 12:10 AM
i did this one - no luck.
but at the same time it makes me thinking - "**Electronically unlock doors before trying to enter programming mode.**" how would you code remote when last one is lost? no remote to unlock electronically....

im aware of that. i can't get into coding mode.

I think that means with electronic switch on the door, you have electronic door lock controls near armrest. Use that rocker switch to unlock door.
Also IDS has programming of some remotes at screen where you choose PATS, gives option for keyless entry on door and keyless remote also.