PDA

View Full Version : Merc w212 2009

diagtech2000
3rd November, 2015, 08:22 PM
Hi,

I did a w212 today, cleared Dpf with autocom but then customer rang saying EML was on, so went back cleared all dtc's and it went off but came straight back on, read codes with scanner (pics below) anyone got any ideas what needs to be done with this?

3rd November, 2015, 08:42 PM
I've had some real stubborn ones that would not go out no matter what i tried.

Send the customer away, tell them its going to take a while. Then get the electrical tape out.

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd November, 2015, 11:41 PM
Or use star developer to deaktivate engine chek light

davecooper47
4th November, 2015, 12:09 AM
I've been told that after 20 minutes of driving at motorway conditions, the cylinder parameters will recalibrate themselves but you will need to reset EML afterwards. I had a customer ring me with the same problem and told him to do the above. He told me he got his mate to turn the light off at his local garage after driving a while and it stayed off. I know the garage and doubt very much if he has xentry/star so my guess is that it works. I've had this with a couple of C Classes and I'm not 100% sure but my guess is that the odd merc doesn't need the DPF resetting and if you reset it when it doesn't need it, it causes this problem. Best thing to do is drive the car to see if the EML comes on before resetting DPF. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Like I said, I'm not 100% so feel free to correct me.

diagtech2000
4th November, 2015, 07:03 PM
Ok I'll try getting customer to drive 20 mins then reset EML, see it that works, cheers

honingkoning
5th November, 2015, 12:15 AM
Ok I'll try getting customer to drive 20 mins then reset EML, see it that works, cheers

Had the same on a glk 2 years ago, not able to clear with diagtool.
I used digi clear error memory and light kept off.

Wbr.