PDA

View Full Version : Silca Latest ID48 Cloning

keyprogramming
4th November, 2015, 11:33 PM
Just saw this today on their website.
Anyone know the full story.
http://www.silca.biz/en/products/key-replacement-business/automotive-technology/1342132/silca-id48.html

rapidlocksmiths
5th November, 2015, 01:02 AM
as it says , full id48 cloning , fiat , psa , vag , vag can and even vag can precoded and all other vehicles using id48 chips , its rumoured they have cracked it all on all id48 chips and applications up to 96 bit but not 128 bit yet .

id48 spare keys are about to enter the bargain basement and as its silca it will work well , welcomed by some loathed by others , but what is certain is that even the beer money boys will see spare vag key prices drop as every key cutters , timpsons and the local dry cleaners will be knocking them out cheap , no expensive programmers , no risks to ecu or car andas clone keys no chance of dealer creating errors as wont be able to code them in , so a cheap safe option .

its not cheap , but you can guarantee the rest will follow including china

paul_12345
5th November, 2015, 01:35 AM
megamos 48 has only a 12 byte crypto key which is 96 bits

rapidlocksmiths
5th November, 2015, 11:33 AM
im just relaying the info i recieved from a friend at silca , these are their words and not mine .

the crux is going to be what it will clone too , is it a chip that will fit in an oem remote or is it a larger chip or mh style head which will determine its potential as everyone these days wants a remote key , so a solution to fit in an oem remote will outsell any other solution and determine the impact on the spare key market on these

lunchb0x
5th November, 2015, 11:43 AM
im just relaying the info i recieved from a friend at silca , these are their words and not mine .

the crux is going to be what it will clone too , is it a chip that will fit in an oem remote or is it a larger chip or mh style head which will determine its potential as everyone these days wants a remote key , so a solution to fit in an oem remote will outsell any other solution and determine the impact on the spare key market on these

Did you read the paper that was released earlier in the year about cracking Megamos? How I understood it was each word on the chip could be challenged individually so it's not true 96bit. If the cloner is challenging each page and decoding it then there is no reason why this can't be written to a W48 chip, which is something that I have done when I know the CS and it's a car that I can not program by OBD.

Hopefully manufactures go back to rolling codes, then we would never have to worry about this crap :)

indienick
5th November, 2015, 02:47 PM
well ~~~~. Not a big fan. It's funny how the side effect of "breaking technology" is "rapid decline in profitability of a previously lucrative, profitable service".

rapidlocksmiths
5th November, 2015, 04:12 PM
totally agree , but not the first time and wont be the last , as 1 door closes we hope new doors open , id lay money on vag moving away from id48 very soon

smokey08
5th November, 2015, 07:50 PM
id lay money on vag moving away from id48 very soon

Its happening already. they are starting to use hitag2

obdsystems
5th November, 2015, 11:19 PM
Can't see the point in buying this kit - leave it to the shoe repair guys. zero money now (well soon)

purdy
5th November, 2015, 11:48 PM
Well that's made it simple. Was thinking of investing in vvdi2. As the new vags were an issue for me. Not sure we're to go next. Humm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rapidlocksmiths
6th November, 2015, 12:00 AM
as i already have rw4 plus il buy it to add it to my kit , il ge payback with it and its silca so will give many years use , certainly make some of my contract work alot simpler

gokart
6th November, 2015, 02:41 PM
Bad news. I have never thought cloning is a good thing.

godfathertre
6th November, 2015, 11:30 PM
why is cloning not a good thing fast no pin code needed makes the job fast and easy not corrupting ecu no moaning customers saying lights appeared on clock etc surely that can t be wrong.

gokart
6th November, 2015, 11:45 PM
Simple. You can't disable the lost keys and the TPX series breaks easily.

p1et
6th November, 2015, 11:48 PM
For me, it will be very good to have oportunity to clone some of id48 cars like: Iveco, Volvo, Fiat. For VAG, maybe it's not good news, especially for precoded ones, as many people invested much money to be able to code keys to newer models but for the standard and CAN, everyone can program additional key with cheap devices. Well, still the real money will be from lost keys situation. Spare keys is nothing special and everyone are fighting for the price and over cutting them.

Automat
6th November, 2015, 11:56 PM
Probably not much coverage, same like keyline is now doing.

Automat
7th November, 2015, 12:01 AM
.........double post

rapidlocksmiths
7th November, 2015, 01:20 AM
not much coverage ?? its claimed a full id48 cloning including peugeot , citroen , fiat , vag , vag can and vag can dealer precoded , in short all id 48 megamoss regardless of make model and year

keyprogramming
7th November, 2015, 12:49 PM
Glad that I kept my Silca RW4+PBOX as I was considering selling it a while back, but thought Silca were bound to crack something big in the future.

paul_12345
7th November, 2015, 02:23 PM
Glad that I kept my Silca RW4+PBOX as I was considering selling it a while back, but thought Silca were bound to crack something big in the future.

silca have not really cracked this, the security paper released not long ago gave away all the information needed.

Also note that FLY was first to announce it would release id48 cloning, and all the others will be working on it.

This is only news as silca is the first major (trusted) player who have announced it, we will see who is first to release it and how quick the other release it.

I will wait for cn900 to release it as I believe they are the only company that will allow you to clone on to cheap transponders like the current chinese id48 that can change the UID, then these can fit into standard size keys.