PDA

View Full Version : kodi on smart tv

taffydav
13th November, 2015, 02:31 PM
sorry if this post is in wrong place but I am getting a smart tv for crimbo and wondering if kodi can be installed on it as you can tell I am a newby to all this modern tech lol

gmb45
14th November, 2015, 09:16 AM
nah dont think so these "smart" tvs are limited with the apps that you can get, basically with smart tvs you only get what they want you to have, and i very much doubt kodi will be one of them , you would be better off getting a decent droid tv box and install kodi on that, they arnt that dear, one good thing about smart tvs is they are dlna which means you can stream stuff from your computer via a home media server like plex or serviio etc, samsung and lg are about the best smart tvs on the market atm, in theory it would be poss as they run linux but you would need a lot of knowledge and risk bricking a brand new tv, plus if ya did manage to get kodi on it and ya bricked it or it went tits up with in a year good bye garuntee.

taffydav
14th November, 2015, 12:48 PM
thanx for the info very useful m8

joshua99
14th November, 2015, 01:53 PM
Hi, Samsung & LG tvs. have an app (smart iptv) that allows you to to download & watch iptv (m3u files) but the new Sony tvs now use the Android platform & you can install Kodi on them.:biggrin::biggrin:

taffydav
15th November, 2015, 01:45 AM
cheers josh looks like a sam or lg for me matey lol

thebluepit
6th December, 2015, 07:10 PM
buy a android tv you can run kodi on them sony is the best 2 go 4 but depends on yr funds there r loads to chouse from just google android tv.

xant14
18th December, 2016, 04:15 PM
A new Sony here and it runs kodi perfect. I bought a box too, but doesnt need it. Speak to the remote 'kodi' and it is straight there.