PDA

View Full Version : Help repairing 360 HDD

wdc8ball
4th July, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hi all can anyone help me format a xbox 360 hdd please ?
Thanks Matt

gazz10
4th July, 2008, 10:06 PM
SUMMARY
This article describes how to format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
MORE INFORMATION
Important After you format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, all data will be lost and you cannot recover the data from the hard drive. Make sure that you want to format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive before you continue.

To format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, follow these steps: 1. Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
2. In the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Memory to view the Storage Devices area.
3. In the Storage Devices area, select Hard Drive if you want to format the hard drive or other storage device, and then press the Y button on the Xbox 360 Controller or the remote control to view the Device Options area.
4. In the Device Options area, select Format. You receive the following message:
This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?
5. To format the drive, select Yes.

wdc8ball
4th July, 2008, 10:22 PM
Hello mate thanks for that but the xbod not load up i just get there 1 red light i think the hdd i stuffed but i thought i could format befor i put on the 360 . do you know hgaow to do this ?
Thanks Matt
SUMMARY
This article describes how to format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
MORE INFORMATION
Important After you format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, all data will be lost and you cannot recover the data from the hard drive. Make sure that you want to format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive before you continue.

To format the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, follow these steps: 1. Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
2. In the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Memory to view the Storage Devices area.
3. In the Storage Devices area, select Hard Drive if you want to format the hard drive or other storage device, and then press the Y button on the Xbox 360 Controller or the remote control to view the Device Options area.
4. In the Device Options area, select Format. You receive the following message:
This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?
5. To format the drive, select Yes.

Don B DeMarco
4th July, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hello mate thanks for the guide..

wozzo
5th July, 2008, 01:47 AM
Does the 360 boot without the hard drive attached?