PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK5 MED 9.5.10 ECU swap

Traivetas
25th November, 2015, 06:41 PM
Hi,
I have Golf MK5 but no old ECU. Only new (used) it is the same part number that was on old ECU. How do i program this ECU to my car? Is it possible to read PIN and pair my keys only using VCDS?

philipcoin
25th November, 2015, 09:24 PM
swap eprom in ecu
it works

cqae
26th November, 2015, 03:15 AM
he doesnt have the old ecy to swap it with.

VCDS will not read any pins, you can get the pin from the dash but not sure if this will help you

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_IV_ECU_Swapping

try this, not sure if its exactrly hwta oyu want but should give you some ideas

Traivetas
26th November, 2015, 05:33 PM
OK, i told that i don't have old ECU because there is main processor removed (do not ask why, i bought car with "ECU defect" in description). So i just told that i don't have it because i thought it is useless. But if you are saying that switch eeprom would work i think i can go this way, but how much it is true that it switching eeproms will work? Have you guys tried to switch eeprom? Is it enough to switch eeprom or write my old eeprom's data to my new(used) ECU? i also can get equipment/person to read/write eeprom.
BTW is this the exact eeprom marked with red arrow in my picture? 95080?

haroutioun
26th November, 2015, 06:16 PM
Hello.
you have 3 choices in below.
1) you can solder old original eeprom in new used ecu,after ready to start.
2) get pin code from new used ecu + from dash by avdi or xxx after can adapt by vcds or xx
3) or read your new used ecus eeprom by soldering out,use (beeprog + (elnec) after we can do it immo off,ready to start the car.

Traivetas
26th November, 2015, 09:41 PM
Hello.
you have 3 choices in below.
1) you can solder old original eeprom in new used ecu,after ready to start.
2) get pin code from new used ecu + from dash by avdi or xxx after can adapt by vcds or xx
3) or read your new used ecus eeprom by soldering out,use (beeprog + (elnec) after we can do it immo off,ready to start the car.
Or, i think, i can read both eeproms directly by soldering out, and upload both dumps here and then get both PINs?

Traivetas
27th November, 2015, 02:00 PM
Hi, could you please extract PIN code. Here is both, hex and bin files from my old ECU's eeprom

haroutioun
27th November, 2015, 05:11 PM
Hi, could you please extract PIN code. Here is both, hex and bin files from my old ECU's eeprom
Hello.
Friend your loaded dumps wrong size it must be 2kb,your loaded file for seat Leon (06F 906 056 BF) with 1.98kb & the next dump not bin file its (type text): so try read again the 2 ecus eeprom and load it them here to get pin.