PDA

View Full Version : How to recover from incorrect video setup on IPBox 9000HD

AcWxRADAR
11th August, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hello friends,

I made a mistake while setting up my new 9000HD receiver. I was using the S-video output, but had only B/W display. I went into the A/V setting menus and inadvertently changed something, but I do not know what (I was merely browsing the selections available) and left one of them in the wrong setting. When I exited the menu, it retained my unwanted selection and now I have NO video on any output (s-video, composite, component or HDMI).

How can I factory reset to recover from this error? Or is there some other method that will work? I am kinda shooting blind at making menu selections to recover from this as I have no idea where I am at in the A/V menu. But, at least I can make it into the menu that far.

There is an instruction in the manual for selecting the TV TYPE, but I cannot seem to get the unit to respond according to the directions.

The instructions state to TURN OFF the STB, press the POWER BUTTON -> MENU BUTTON and hold and then press either the up/down buttons until your TV selection appears. I am not having any luck with this instruction. I am hoping that I am merely doing something a bit out of step - hopefully some simple mistake.

I attempted using the search engine for the site, but was not successful in locating a thread on this issue (yet). I may have to try some other keywords.

Thank you for your time and patience, it is most appreciated.

RADAR

AcWxRADAR
11th August, 2009, 10:16 PM
I finally determined how to reset the video format (according to the instructions that I mentioned in my initial post) but it is a bit tricky to access that option. It appears that you need to press and hold the power button and the menu button at just the right moment during the boot-up sequence. If you time it just right, the video format set will be displayed on the front panel and you can then release the buttons and press the up/down buttons to select the proper format. Took a little trial and error to get used to this.

Now, I still cannot get the HDMI to operate properly. No video is displayed by my TV (which has HDMI 1080i function). I can connect another sat receiver which has HDMI output and it displays fine.

I may have to fabricate a converter cable for the SCART outputs and try them. Right now only the composite video signal seems to function properly. Going back to play with it further.

RADAR