PDA

View Full Version : BMW X1 2014 CAS3+ with OM23S MASK - How to Read Eeprom

obeids
28th November, 2015, 12:31 PM
Hi guys

I have a client that requires a spare key on this vehicle.
I have BMW Multi tool but it says that the CAS is ISTA-p4* so need to downgrade flash. It says that if you have a working key then do not downgrade but rather read eeprom by BDM and then use the option which says make key by eeprom.
Problem now is that the MCU is 0M23S mask. I tried with R270 as 0L15Y and also 1L15Y but it says the chip ID isn't correct. It give another ID.
I also have X-prog M clone but guess that doesn't support these MCU.

So any ideas how to make the spare key?
What I don't understand is that if we have a valid key then why do we need to downgrade flash?

jultic
28th November, 2015, 02:31 PM
j-tag from Smok well read this processor

ttzag
28th November, 2015, 02:49 PM
You can read it with xprog clone same connection as 0L15Yhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/2729dbf65a43db5294d7cecd0bced4f5.jpg

sent from LG-G2

super jumbe
28th November, 2015, 04:00 PM
TMPro2 can make BMW copy key!

obeids
28th November, 2015, 04:58 PM
But if you make copy key then you will loose start code rendering 1 key useless

obeids
28th November, 2015, 05:00 PM
You can read it with xprog clone same connection as 0L15Yhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/2729dbf65a43db5294d7cecd0bced4f5.jpg

sent from LG-G2

Which Version of Xprog clone?
I have Xprog 5.0 and it doesn't show that Mask Set. I think they only added it in version 5.48

ttzag
28th November, 2015, 06:01 PM
Update yours to 5.5.1
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=452922

sent from LG-G2

yoxsan
29th November, 2015, 04:49 AM
R270 can read good.... do not try to read with xprog clone,,,maybe kill cas.......r260 or r270

Frankcar
29th November, 2015, 05:27 AM
i test with original xprog (v5.6.6) eeprom read good
which version of R270 can read this mask ? i think R260 & R270 can't read

bearheroes
29th November, 2015, 09:18 AM
R270 can read good.... do not try to read with xprog clone,,,maybe kill cas.......r260 or r270

Why you say something you have never tried and of course you don't know?R270 will never read this mask because recognise mask...so won't proceed...r260 is more likely to kill cas. Please stop saying anything you don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obeids
29th November, 2015, 08:23 PM
R270 doesn't have this MASK so cannot read.....
I am not too sure if I am update the Xprog clone will it work. I don't want to Kill the CAS because the client is driving the vehicle and don't want to put him stranded on the road.

ttzag
30th November, 2015, 01:36 PM
today i received same cas withe same mask 0m23s ..i posted you a video

https://youtu.be/F1JYMi8Tufc

obeids
1st December, 2015, 10:28 AM
Hi there

Is yours Xprog Clone updated to V5.51?

ttzag
1st December, 2015, 06:33 PM
My is xprog box clone and updated to 551, especial thanx to vip member adam28

Ps : if you get help from members in this forum try to press thank button for more support next time

rob h
2nd December, 2015, 01:31 AM
The vvdi2 prog is also a good option.
It is getting updates, and can do some BMW ECU.
I am also happy with my 5.5.1 xprog.344469

yoxsan
2nd December, 2015, 05:19 AM
i did with r270...but if you say is not possible,,,then is not possible

bearheroes
2nd December, 2015, 07:13 AM

Mate you must be joking really...you insist that you did it, something really impossible, but you accept what i said just because i said it...

ttzag
2nd December, 2015, 07:17 AM
Can you tell us wich mask you choose when you read this cas please?

sent from LG-G2

korrni
9th December, 2015, 03:52 PM
I confirm R270 cannot read 0M23S, unknown 9S12 ID, so don't try it, it's useless.

obeids
9th December, 2015, 04:48 PM
I confirm R270 cannot read 0M23S, unknown 9S12 ID, so don't try it, it's useless.

Hi

Already tried before posting this thread.
Have updated Xprog to 5.51........ Waiting for client to come again so I can try it again with Update.

korrni
9th December, 2015, 04:55 PM
Hope it will work with your Xprog 5.5.1, mine is giving me everytime Verify error when I'm trying to read 0M23S. Upa clone also reads it, but every time it's a different reading, so it is not reliable. Cheers!

ttzag
9th December, 2015, 05:54 PM
For xprog always untick verify option..read and write

sent from LG-G2

korrni
9th December, 2015, 08:30 PM
For xprog always untick verify option..read and write

sent from LG-G2

Ok, but if you will compare the dumps, you will see that are differences, on which will you rely on? Xprog reads well, let's say, 0L01Y, flash and eeprom, and verifies it ok. But how can I modify a dump that is everytime different? Unticking the verify option worked, for me at least, for ST10F269, with the old firmware of xprog, but, comparing the dumps, there were identical. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, for 1L15Y and 0M23S, xprog clone isn't quite a tool to trust, even with the 5.5.1 firmware. Greetings!

ttzag
9th December, 2015, 09:01 PM
If you read twice and every time there is a different byts ,dont try to continue your job ,and especially don't write ,you will lost your eeprom, there is somthing wrong with connections or with your xprog i don't know where .
If everything good and you read cas 10 time , every time must read the same dump ..no different.

Am using my xprog under Windows 7 32bit and its perfect for me.
If you not trust clone buy original.

For obeid if you update you xprog try to read a stock cas for first time ..not customer cas .

sent from LG-G2

rob h
9th December, 2015, 11:29 PM
Vvdi2 prog can do this one. I have not used it much.
I was always happy with my r270.

Xprog clone, is 100% same as xprog orig, i assume!

vageric
10th December, 2015, 07:36 AM
Vvdi2 prog can do this one. I have not used it much.
I was always happy with my r270.

Xprog clone, is 100% same as xprog orig, i assume!

these clones are not the same as the Originals.
for the clones they use other components then the Original uses
and there for the stability is off (not correct).

bimmerspain
1st July, 2016, 08:38 PM
If you read twice and every time there is a different byts ,dont try to continue your job ,and especially don't write ,you will lost your eeprom, there is somthing wrong with connections or with your xprog i don't know where .
If everything good and you read cas 10 time , every time must read the same dump ..no different.

Am using my xprog under Windows 7 32bit and its perfect for me.
If you not trust clone buy original.

For obeid if you update you xprog try to read a stock cas for first time ..not customer cas .

sent from LG-G2

I have a red rosfar clone and a xprog 5.55 clone.
Please can you say me if I can read a 0M23S mask with a xprog but using the diagram connection from red rosfar? It is more clear and connection points are safer than soldering in the CPU pins directly. In this case, colors are the same between these two programmers?
I saw your video and it seems that actually you are using the red rosfar scheme in that reading.
if I use the xprog diagram points I have to lift the xtal pin?
what about if one of the solderings make bad contact? can it loose data at the eeprom or erasing something in a secured chip when try to read it?
thank you!

ttzag
2nd July, 2016, 09:24 AM
Use your xprog to read and write .
Solder wires like rosfar scheme without lifting any pin

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

bimmerspain
2nd July, 2016, 04:05 PM
Use your xprog to read and write .
Solder wires like rosfar scheme without lifting any pin

Thank you.
how can I read flash with red rosfar? I only see eeprom editor option.
With multi tool I can't read eeprom or make any key from CAS3+ non-encrypted version by obd. This happended to me in two 2007 cars, e92 (last year visited oficial BMW service) and e87 (no visit to bmw service the last years). I got error by obd and had to get cas from car and read with programmer the first time and with multi tool cas adapter second time.
I know they are no encrypted because multi tool didn't ask for a working key when programming new key.
Thank you

dmp
2nd July, 2016, 08:41 PM
Thank you.
how can I read flash with red rosfar? I only see eeprom editor option.
With multi tool I can't read eeprom or make any key from CAS3+ non-encrypted version by obd. This happended to me in two 2007 cars, e92 (last year visited oficial BMW service) and e87 (no visit to bmw service the last years). I got error by obd and had to get cas from car and read with programmer the first time and with multi tool cas adapter second time.
I know they are no encrypted because multi tool didn't ask for a working key when programming new key.
Thank you

What version of CAS were you able to read by cas adapter but not by obd?

bimmerspain
2nd July, 2016, 10:24 PM
What version of CAS were you able to read by cas adapter but not by obd?
These are the first two cars that I made with multi tool.
Both are 0L15Y masks, saying "cas3" at the sticker on the black box. both can connect by obd but not read eeprom or get key info.
One I readed with rosfar and made key from file with multi tool, no issues, no eeprom write back and no prompt to put working key in the programmer coil, new key work 100%
Second I readed with multi tool cas adapter, getting error the first try, then I click in get key info, no error, and then I could read eeprom and make key. new key worked 100% without "add key" option, and again the software didn't ask me to put the old key at the antenna, so both cas are non encryted.
the cas information retrieved is:
bmw number 9389115
hardware c4
operating 3.3.0
production date 2007.07.02
function 2.8.0

and the other car:
bmw number 6943834
hardware c4
operating 3.3.0
production date 2007.06.04
function 1.7.5

Why I can't do it by obd? I have the latest version 7.7 and firmware updated. Can connect but not read eeprom, it throws "disable security error". Doesn't ask for a flash update too
Is there any way to know the cas version (cas3, cas3+, etc) from this information without getting the cas from car and see the mask?

bimmerspain
4th July, 2016, 06:16 AM
I have read at forum that is safer to read 9s12x with red rosfar r260 except mask 0L01Y that must be read with xprog and 0M23S that is only suported by xprog.
Is it correct? I don't want to loose any eeprom data.

ttzag
4th July, 2016, 11:36 AM
I tested all CASs with all mask with vvdi prog..buy it ..
It's safer

Rabiee
4th July, 2016, 11:53 AM
i think is good

stevan
4th July, 2016, 07:32 PM
I dont know why people say x-prog is not safe for Bmw Cas?
Before i have use Rosfar but since Eldb make his xprog updates i have never use Rosfar again and never had problem with xprog.

Sent from my Tesla TTL7 using Tapatalk

bimmerspain
5th July, 2016, 12:00 PM
Somebody with multi tool can explain why it can't make keys by odb2 port?
Is there some tips like order in steps, putting key in ignition, press start button without start engine, etc?
Can be because a dealer cas update that disallow obd key make for no encripted cas too?

bimmerspain
5th July, 2016, 12:02 PM
I dont know why people say x-prog is not safe for Bmw Cas?
Before i have use Rosfar but since Eldb make his xprog updates i have never use Rosfar again and never had problem with xprog.

Sent from my Tesla TTL7 using Tapatalk
And any problem with rosfar? what cas version and mask? reading or only writing it?

bimmerspain
5th July, 2016, 12:03 PM
i think is good
What is good?