PDA

View Full Version : R56 MINI no start, does not recognize key

rrador
2nd December, 2015, 07:09 PM
I git a 2009 MINI here that customer says one day just would not start. Basically you put key in ignition and absolutely nothing happens.
Car has no error codes at all. Did some tests with ISTA and everything seems to work as it should but when key is in ignition it does not see it.

None of my key programmers could read his key so tried making a new key thinking key might be bad but still same issue.

Any ideas?

I will go double check for steering lock but as far as I know 09+ MINIs had no steering lock.

Thanks,

godfathertre
2nd December, 2015, 07:45 PM
There is a switch connector near the clutch pedal common problem also check earths and remove steering cowling check connection round there these cars are not very good fixed one with the same problem check Google there is a video showing fix on your tube.

rrador
5th December, 2015, 02:46 AM
Got it running, it was just a bad key like I originally suspected. But for some reason the key I made also did not work, had to remove CAS and do it manually.

godfathertre
5th December, 2015, 04:15 AM
good luck then i wont touch bmw mini or bmw or for the ews boxes cas faults and the price if you screw up not worth the money they want to pay also numerous electrical problems across bmw brand seems mercedes are following suit with faults on eletrical

steering these cars are very poor build quality .