PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for buying ORIGINAL tool - Please

bursuc
3rd December, 2015, 05:54 PM
Hello all DK members and thanks for your time,

I need a bit of advice as i am considerating buying an original chiptunning tool . What i have until now is BDM 100 , Ktag - Clone , Kess Clone , Galleto v54 Clone so for EDC 16 i am covered .

My issue is now with newer generation ECU ( EDC 17 CP42 , CP44 , etc ... ) and with BMW password protected ECUS and further mercedes password protection.

What tool you will prefer to buy between :

Kess V2 - Original

Ktag - Original

CMD Flasher

X17- Flasher

Galleto Official

MagPro2

Bassically all i am interesed is to cover newer ECU's generation that will come in the near future , and i take in consideration the support for the tool to be good aswell.

Any advice will help.

Thank you

Babos
3rd December, 2015, 05:56 PM
Before say what metodic you want use OBD or BOOT

Andrei2015
3rd December, 2015, 05:58 PM
I go for Ktag and you can activate just boot mode protocols (will be around 2000euro) and later u can add more

bursuc
3rd December, 2015, 07:38 PM
Before say what metodic you want use OBD or BOOT
As long as i can read the ecu it foes not really bother if i need to take it out from the car . But if it will be OBD will be much quicker but it will be a risk aswell as i will not be able to get full ecu backup.

What tool you would recomand for OBD

and waht tool if i want it mainly to work on benck.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Andrei2015
3rd December, 2015, 07:41 PM
I have Original Ktag Master Full activations for BDM, Jtag, Boot, etcAnd for OBD I have kess 4.036, Kess 4.024 and FGtech v54 all with reworked pcb's

bursuc
3rd December, 2015, 07:47 PM
I go for Ktag and you can activate just boot mode protocols (will be around 2000euro) and later u can add more
X17 flasher will be around 3700 with full protocols . BMW F series MERCEDES OPEL RENAULT JAGUAR etc. .... you still think ktag will be better ?

Thanks for oppinion

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

daniel guerra
3rd December, 2015, 09:57 PM
KTAG is very good tool, but X17 is the one that you need, you can do everything with one tool, with right options you can do BDM, BOOT and OBD. Check their web site for prices.

If you need further clarifications just send them an email. I don't own a X17 or work for them, it's just my opinion.

super jumbe
3rd December, 2015, 10:15 PM
Rumours chiptunning business coming to en end new cars coming with programmed ecu no 1 will able to change power…..http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm2.gif

bursuc
3rd December, 2015, 10:26 PM
Rumours chiptunning business coming to en end new cars coming with programmed ecu no 1 will able to change power…..:hmmmm2:

Hmmm , i understand what are you saying , they ( big corporations ) want nowone to touch the ECU , but then , i am wondering how they will do that , my personal oppinion is whatever is made and designed by humans , can be acces to it , but still .. they will need to do software updates on them , still 5 years i think this bussines will still hold , there will always be other ways...

I was thinking at X17 aswell. anyoane who has it can tell me if it is happy with it and withe their customer support ?

Thanks super jumbe

Best regards

bursuc
3rd December, 2015, 10:29 PM
Rumours chiptunning business coming to en end new cars coming with programmed ecu no 1 will able to change power…..:hmmmm2:

Hmmm , i understand what are you saying , they ( big corporations ) want nowone to touch the ECU , but then , i am wondering how they will do that , my personal oppinion is whatever is made and designed by humans , can be acces to it , but still .. they will need to do software updates on them , still 5 years i think this bussines will still hold , there will always be other ways...

I was thinking at X17 aswell. anyoane who has it can tell me if it is happy with it and withe their customer support ?

And i am not thinking only in the perspective of chiptunning , i am thinking for immo data aswell and ecu cloning

Thanks super jumbe

Best regards

gttuning
3rd December, 2015, 11:09 PM
fgtech mate,not to expensive and good tool.
tuning business will be for a long time.

gezame
4th December, 2015, 01:18 AM
Hi
I have chiptuning original interfaces for years, Byteshooter, Cmdtec, Fgtech, X17-magpro
Speaking of original interfaces, I can comment on these four.
In short certainly:
Value for money "fgtech", you have all protocolos active.
Support "x17", List of automobiles increases gradually, but few old ecu compared with the other interfaces.
Cmd, Good, but too expensive, very bad support.
Byteshooter, It has been very backward compared to its competitors.
I hope this can be helpful.
Br.

Babos
4th December, 2015, 08:15 AM
About FGtech original= support BAD! Work not so good! My clone tool work 100% better!!!
I send tool to update HW and SW all is tested but same thing work BAD!
When license end he call me and ask about continue license. i say bad tool and not want any more.
He say pay and be all ok :D He want only money and not want to do anymore.

About CMD i have few feedback from customer who use this tool.
Suppor is good and options.
I see how to CMD support send full from ecus when ecu is down!!!
And after ecu work!!!!
From fgtech you can hear only silence or it is your problem.

bursuc
4th December, 2015, 10:59 AM
Hi
I have chiptuning original interfaces for years, Byteshooter, Cmdtec, Fgtech, X17-magpro
Speaking of original interfaces, I can comment on these four.
In short certainly:
Value for money "fgtech", you have all protocolos active.
Support "x17", List of automobiles increases gradually, but few old ecu compared with the other interfaces.
Cmd, Good, but too expensive, very bad support.
Byteshooter, It has been very backward compared to its competitors.
I hope this can be helpful.
Br.

Thanks mate, it is helpful , i think i will go for X17 because for older ecu i am covered, i am interesed in newer generation ECU's , those with password protection ... i think it will o good work . especially that i can buy it on the go for the make i need.

How is the support for X17 ?

Magic motor sport i know they are on the market for a long time and they invest in developing new protocols aswell.

Best regards and thanks

CustomCars
4th December, 2015, 11:36 AM
Last time Fgtech make harikiri... they change tool and old is not usefull anymore...

About X17, best quality product, best support, and best developing.... you can be sure about best future update.