PDA

View Full Version : 1999 BMW X5 EGS - DME SYNCHRONIZATION TOOL

ngakson2002
4th December, 2015, 09:23 PM
Hello Mate,

On a 1999 BMW X5 Automatic transmission, I have replaced the original gearbox with a donor Gearbox.When running the car, the messages ENGINE FAILSAFE PROG and TRANSMISSION FAISAFE PROG will suddendly appear at the instrument cluster and the Gearbox will enter in Limp Home Mode with the engine not responding to acceleration.
Furthermore, i got the following DTCs from diagnosis

80 EGS Monitoring CAN BUS
81 EGS CAN Time out
82 EGS CAN DME Time out ASC

Foreseeing that the EGS and DME need to be synchronized, my questions are:

1) to know the best BMW tool that can help to carry out this tasks
2) if on this early Model, EGS and DME can be synchro by dump from the respective ECUs

Best Regards

tech111
4th December, 2015, 10:50 PM
You mean there is no accelerator ? What codes from engine , this type there is no synchro

ngakson2002
4th December, 2015, 11:04 PM
You mean there is no accelerator ? What codes from engine , this type there is no synchro

Hello Mate,
When taken off with the Shift lever on D, car will drive without problem for a few minutes.When accelerating, the messages ENGINE FAILSAFE PROG and TRANSMISSION FAISAFE PROG will suddenly appears at the dash and car will not move above 30 Km/h upon acceleration.
Furthermore do you meant on this early model BMW, EGS -DME synchronization is not necessary following gearbox replacement?

Regards

tech111
5th December, 2015, 07:31 AM
it only needs adaptation but that will not prevent gearbox from working normally , what are the engine trouble codes , also dp you feel any slipping symptoms between gearshifts

vanos batam
5th December, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quick Test diagonosis tester results please! !!