PDA

View Full Version : DBOX2

HankyHank
6th July, 2008, 12:06 PM
How do i set up my dbox2. I've got the cable but don't know where to start

Bulld0g
6th July, 2008, 12:18 PM
First thing you need to do is flash an image onto it using either ftp or IFA.Add Keys and roms if they are not already in it. Add service files, Or do a scan for your area. Read the posts in Dbox section, if your stuck come back and someone will help you out :)

plasterer
6th July, 2008, 01:10 PM
Why wots up with it at the mo
Have you tried scanning for channels
Wot box sagem or Nokia
Wot image
More info would help Mate ........Paul

HankyHank
6th July, 2008, 04:36 PM
it's the sagem box. I've tried reflashing but it brings up this message

Options:
1: Console on null
2: Console on ttyS0
3: Console on framebuffer
Select option (1-3), other keys to stop autoboot: 0
.................................................. .............
Un-Protected 63 sectors
### FS (jffs2) loading 'vmlinuz' to 0x100000
### FS load complete: 657707 bytes loaded to 0x100000
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: dbox2
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 657643 Bytes = 642.2 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Now i have a flashing cursor that doesn't let you type anything. Help would be greatly appreciated

Plebster
6th July, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Hanky Hank,

I'd recommend trying to upgrade your dbox with the flash assistant and one of the lastest images.

Make sure you use the correct Image for your box, either a x1 or x2. There are numerous guides around to on how to use the flash software either over a network cable or via a null modem.

Cheers,

Pleb

HankyHank
6th July, 2008, 04:51 PM
I've got a null modem cable, but how do i get the image on. I've tried to put blade quad on but nothing happens

Plebster
6th July, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hanky,

If you do a search on google for 'dbox2 flash assistant' the second result may help you. Also if you loook for Image Flash Assistant or IFA guides.

Cheers,

Pleb

Bulld0g
6th July, 2008, 04:58 PM
Search for IFA a flashing tool. Connect your dbox to pc with xover cable and flash new image using IFA

chuckles53
7th July, 2008, 12:18 PM
First thing you need to do is flash an image onto it using either ftp or IFA.Add Keys and roms if they are not already in it. Add service files, Or do a scan for your area. Read the posts in Dbox section, if your stuck come back and someone will help you out :)

Hi can you tell me how and were i get ftp or ifa,also will this transfere the download from the bigmaq (tcb.cc) toolbar for my nokia dbox2 as i am getting no were after i have downloaded the file from the toolbar,please advise step by step,thanks phil.

<--chuckles53 added 3 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...-->

Search for IFA a flashing tool. Connect your dbox to pc with xover cable and flash new image using IFA

Hi can you do the same with a null modem cable or is it easier with a xover cable.pswhat is a xover cable,thanks phil.

<--chuckles53 added 36 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...-->

Hi i have downloaded a ifa and the new image to my desktop,can you tell me how to use them step by step,thanks phil.

<--chuckles53 added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...-->

Hi i have downloaded the image to my desktop as well as a ifa but could you what and how to do next step by step,thanks phil.

plasterer
7th July, 2008, 01:22 PM
You needto get your self a copy of ifa mate installit and follow the instructions select your image you will get a warning .YOU ARE ABOUT TO FLASH YOUR D BOX MUST BE OFF AT THE WALL AT THIS TIME..... Push ok and power up your box at the wall it should say FLASHING if it dont within 10 secs switch off atthe wall and back on repeat this untill it does .When finished it will say flashing done REMOVE your cable .And then reboot your D box Hope this helps ...........Paul

Bulld0g
7th July, 2008, 04:05 PM
Easiest way to flash using IFA. Give your computer ethernet connection an ip address eg 192.168.1.100 subnet 255.255.255.0 leave gateway blank. Make sure Dbox is turned off. Connect a crossover cable from your pc to the dbox. Open IFA choose the image you want to flash. click ok then turn your box back on.
As Plasterer says it will say flashing.When its done disconnect cable, power off then back on dbox. Do a scan for channels or if you have service files ftp them to Var/Tuxbox/config/zapit. reload channel list and you should be all sorted.

<--Bulld0g added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...-->

Nearly forgot to say, when all done don't forget to set your ethernet card back to "obtain an ip address automatically"

chuckles53
7th July, 2008, 11:34 PM
Easiest way to flash using IFA. Give your computer ethernet connection an ip address eg 192.168.1.100 subnet 255.255.255.0 leave gateway blank. Make sure Dbox is turned off. Connect a crossover cable from your pc to the dbox. Open IFA choose the image you want to flash. click ok then turn your box back on.
As Plasterer says it will say flashing.When its done disconnect cable, power off then back on dbox. Do a scan for channels or if you have service files ftp them to Var/Tuxbox/config/zapit. reload channel list and you should be all sorted.

<--Bulld0g added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...-->

Nearly forgot to say, when all done don't forget to set your ethernet card back to "obtain an ip address automatically"

what is a xover cable ,thanks phil.

plasterer
7th July, 2008, 11:39 PM
Google it mate