PDA

View Full Version : Sid208 clone ECU with ktag

chiper
14th December, 2015, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,

When I clone defender sid208 with ktag both mpc and eprom the ECU works ok but I have to try and start engine then restart again as the fuel lift pump will not cut in on first start, I've tried to enable the fuel lift pump with ids to but still the same. I was thinking it could be some security issue due to ECU serial number, I even used a brand new virgin ECU to copy to too but still the same issue. Has any of you had the same problem.

Thanks

furburger
20th December, 2015, 09:45 PM
I used a CMD backup file to clone a Ford SID208 and that didn't work either!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

furburger
20th December, 2015, 09:48 PM
Magic told me it has no OTP area & will.clone ok with simple copy of both memories but I am yet to try it ( with x17).

chiper
20th December, 2015, 09:55 PM
Yes I think there is code in(one time program) area that's throwing up an immobiliser issue. It does clone ok but has the starting issue. Such a pain these tricores. I have to map every ECU individually at the moment after setting new ECU and flashing with ids and doing all security etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

furburger
20th December, 2015, 10:15 PM
Yes it takes longer to remove open and refit these than it does to tune them..but your method sounds super long- why are you not just opening, , reading tuning writing , reassembling ?

chiper
20th December, 2015, 10:19 PM
I am doing that but I have all brand new virgin Ecu's and I have to use SSD to program them first then ktag map and write. But because I do a lot of them it would be a lot easier to just ktag the mapped file and not have to go through the SSD etc.

furburger
21st December, 2015, 01:21 AM
I'm a bit lost as to what you are doing exactly? Please explain what SSD is & why you are fitting new ecu's ?

chiper
21st December, 2015, 10:16 AM
I sell full ECU with security box (10AS) and remote blips as a kit for land rovers abroad I use JLR SSD Landrover software with a VCM to program a brand new virgin ECU as they are blank, then I read the ECU with Ktag and map the rewrite. It's a long process and that's why it would be easier for me to clone.

furburger
21st December, 2015, 12:59 PM
OK, I see ;) How "blank" are the virgin ECU's ? & are there 2 x memory assignments only using KTAG ? 4mb IROM & a 32kb E2P? i ask as CMD Tool shows E2p1 & E2p2, both with content, that differ.

chiper
21st December, 2015, 04:16 PM
There not all FFFF and have some info for coms with the Landrover software. Yes MPC is 4mb and E2P think it is 32kb but no external, so your CMD has 3 files?