PDA

View Full Version : ps3 enquirey wether can be cracked using software

313ste
13th August, 2009, 10:14 PM
ive had a ps3 for a few mounths now...... and i was wondering if ther is a software that u can use to upload ur games on to the ps3 and make a crack with tha file(s) or even an image file..... tht u upload onto your ps3 which will make game work. wether im tlking nonsense i reli dnt no but it can be done with pc games and basically a ps3 is like gaming pc... maybe this can be done thru pc to ps3 buy using a usb cable or through the router.... n e 1 have have any suggestions wb if do.......:captain::proud:

Raven
13th August, 2009, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately not, not right now anyway.....Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's are currently similar but nowhere near PC's. PS3 hasn't been hacked yet in the 3 years or more that it's been out, Sony obviously doing something right on that front, otherwise it would be hacked to pieces within a few months like the 360 was - yet here we are over 3 years later and the PS3 is still not done hence why at this point I doubt we will see a hack that works for very long, so I wouldn't hold your breath....

As for loading games through USB and cracking them and stuff - I wish it were possible! But again there's more chance of hell freezing over than this being doable anytime soon - although there's obviously Playstation Store games that work off the hard drive without the need of any disc, but this is obviously pay for content and there's not that much to choose from that isn't an old Playstation game - but said Playstation games are upscaled to HD resolution (but still look like arse - PC emulation is miles better graphically on this front) but what IS there for PS3 is very good - Warhawk, Super Stardust HD (really good old school arcade game with ace graphics), Super Street Fighter 2 HD.....so some stuff worth having if you ain't a total freeloader....also I think it is possible to do this on the Wii with Gamecube and Wii games you know load the iso's and play games through a loader on the Wii, so you never know! Maybe in another 5 years....Here's to hoping though....and welcome to the forums mate. :)

313ste
14th August, 2009, 09:24 PM
thnks for the information Raven... just wondering thts all ps3 games these dais are expensive and every other game console has been cracked but like you say sony must have some technology tht we no non the wiser of but i strongly berlieve tht eventually we will find the way..... and cheers 4 the welcome

Raven
16th August, 2009, 02:34 PM
Anytime mate :)

I'm not sure mate, because the PSP shares a similar thing to the PS3 regarding software updates etc...but the PS3 is still not hacked - wouldn't surprise me if Sony aren't buying out/employing the scene hackers as and when just to A) stop them from cracking the console, and B) to shore up the weaknesses of the console....I bet that's what's happening....Sony behind closed doors saying we can either send you to prison or we can pay you to work for us.....faced with that choice anyone is going to take the money! Although I could well be wrong, nothing else has occured to me which could be a viable alternative as to how or why the PS3 hasn't been hacked yet after 3 whole years or more of different people in the hacking scene having been attempting it.

As for your point about PS3 games being expensive....they aren't if you go preowned/trade route....two of the best PS3 games can be picked up preowned for less than ?15 second hand and these games are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted. So not really expensive at all and no more or less expensive anymore than usual - it's just all other gaming avenues are potentially "free" shall we say.

I have to say that it's interesting with what we are seeing from Sony regarding the PS3.....as this is pretty much the first time (certainly that I've seen) that a company and their console appear to have "beaten" the hackers and therefore the pirates....and with Sony releasing quality exclusives regularly and having free online not to mention blu ray....it's already come on leaps and bounds as a console and in sales, but I think all it's going to take is a PS3 Slim to hit and a price cut and then I believe the PS3 will sky rocket because then all the cheap arses will be buying it.....but my point is that the 360 is on a plateau whereas the PS3 could well end up surpassing the 360.....also my point being that every game on PS3 that people play has been purchased, whereas one thing Sony haven't been worried about is losing money through it's console lifetime via piracy....so I think once they are able to facilitate a price cut at a profit then the PS3 will take off and Sony will start making serious money....the other thing I noticed is that the 360 is supposedly the "online king" and yet it doesn't have any games like Warhawk and the upcoming MAG which are exclusive and online only games - Warhawk being land and air dogfights, and MAG being 200 players divided into squads battling it out, not to mention lag free online gaming with alot more detail - and did I mention everyone's favorite word - FREE! lol

violentj
25th August, 2009, 02:02 PM
ps3 online is shockingly bad hence why its free

do you honestly think that if ps3 online was on par with 360 online it would be free

cbpage
26th August, 2009, 02:47 AM

do you honestly think that if ps3 online was on par with 360 online it would be free

I dunno...I've had the PS3 since launch and have had very few issues with online. This is through Resistance, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Soul Caliber IV, Uncharted 2 beta, and Battlefiedl 1943. I found it to be very reliable overall. My biggest problems have been due to individual users poor connections or people who intentionally lag.

PS3 online certainly doesn't make me want to go and pay for online.

Raven
27th August, 2009, 03:29 PM

Depends how you define shockingly bad....if by shockingly bad you mean things like lag, disconnects and general server issues then I'd say I totally disagree that it's shockingly bad - but if by shockingly bad you mean calibre of player/competition, convenience and extra bells and whistles then in that case I would agree.

The way I see it is that it's free to play online and it works and works very well in a sense that it's not broken, so it's perfect for people like me who maybe don't play online all that often....basically I don't think anyone can moan at the quality of PS3 online when it's free and not broken.....now onto your point, if the PS3 had or gets all the extra things that XBL has would it still be free ? I'd say probably not, but you never know....what better way to get customers than to undercut the competition by offering similar quality that's free ? Dirty tactics but it works, so you just never know until it happens.

elmontador
11th October, 2009, 01:16 AM
in my opinion only wen the sales go down, then you will have a modchip or a software crack for ps3:canabis:

pete1
11th October, 2009, 01:23 PM
i have a friend who lives in new york, and while i was there he showed me how to copy the games BUT as he explained by the time you buy a dedicated blu-ray recorder a crack program blank blu-ray disks, he has all the gear in his house to do this but even cheaper and easier we went to a boot sale where you could get exellent second hand games cheaper than a blank blu-ray disk also you know these will play everytime