PDA

View Full Version : Golf 3 Mileage via 4 pin port (vs 93C46) - current best option?

tarmacgolf
23rd December, 2015, 06:51 AM
For mileage correction on Golf 3 VDO/MM, TU/Tacho Pro with cable #21 is (was?) reported to be a direct solution, but I see a lot of people here hating on Tacho Pro. Can Digiprog 3 correct via the 4 pin 'dash diag port' on the rear of the cluster, or are there other options other than desoldering the 93C46?

Would it be terribly dumb to buy a Tacho Pro 2008 simply for using on this one type of clocks? It has been a long long time since I soldered a IC or anything else in anger, and I would love to utilise the 4 pin terminal if possible.

First time poster, hopefully in the correct subforum etc :) I have searched a lot but this thread was the closest I could find that discussed it: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/274763-Golf-3-MM-dashboard-correting-with-TU-2008-via-dash-diag-port?highlight=golf+3

TIA!

88diablo
23rd December, 2015, 10:24 AM
TU should be fine as very good clone for some time and what worked was stable. I personaly use CDH for these but you'll struggle to buy that kit nowadays. Do you have loads of MK3 clusters to do as if its only 1 you need doing then just pay someone who already has the equipment. There will be plenty of people on here will do it and even by post if there not near you.

tarmacgolf
24th December, 2015, 12:40 AM
TU should be fine as very good clone for some time and what worked was stable. I personaly use CDH for these but you'll struggle to buy that kit nowadays. Do you have loads of MK3 clusters to do as if its only 1 you need doing then just pay someone who already has the equipment. There will be plenty of people on here will do it and even by post if there not near you.

Thank you for the input :) I do have enough between myself and friends that I'd like to be able to do it myself, and I always like any excuse to buy tools.

I guess I'll go with a clone TU and hope for the best. I had researched a DOS based program years ago, but it seems like more hassle than it's worth vs the cost of the TU.

diagtech
24th December, 2015, 01:05 AM
Tu will do this direct to chip aswell if 4 pin way doesnt work

tarmacgolf
24th December, 2015, 04:56 AM
Tu will do this direct to chip aswell if 4 pin way doesnt work

Is there a preferred vendor that support the D-K forum, or is it just the usual places like eBay, Alib, etc?