PDA

View Full Version : Links in web browser goes to random site, not the ones I want!

-Hox-
14th August, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hey all, I can't figure this out.

When in Firefox, or Explorer for that matter, if I do a search in Google and it'll return the results as normal... but when I click the one I want to view, it sends me off to some random site, totally different to the one in the link that I want!

Any ideas?! I'm confused.

cgscott
14th August, 2009, 02:34 PM
Think you may have a browser hack.

Delete cookies and refresh cache.

I had this problem before and it was a pain in the ass to repair.

-Hox-
14th August, 2009, 02:59 PM
Think you may have a browser hack.

Delete cookies and refresh cache.

I had this problem before and it was a pain in the ass to repair.

It's a totally clean install, just setting it all up now!

-Hox-
14th August, 2009, 03:17 PM
I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware just a minute ago... and although it installed fine, it won't start... I think something nasty's got inside the PC...

cgscott
14th August, 2009, 03:41 PM
I dont trust small malware programs.

Spybot and avg etc are the trusted ones.

Mines anyway

ManofScience
14th August, 2009, 04:04 PM
malwarebytes is currently 1 of the best around, i gave up on spybot ages ago - nowhere near as good as it used to be.

AVG is a virus scanner

smokey_jnr
14th August, 2009, 04:07 PM
i had the same problem and i downloaded kaspersky 2009 and that fixed it in a matter or moments......

Fergal
14th August, 2009, 04:14 PM
I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware just a minute ago... and although it installed fine, it won't start... I think something nasty's got inside the PC...
Go to were you installed malwarebytes and rename the malwarebytes startup app it should run then update it and do a scan.

ghunter
15th August, 2009, 12:11 AM
i had the same problem and i downloaded kaspersky 2009 and that fixed it in a matter or moments......

Kaspersky is the best. I have tried loads of different antvirus/malware programs over the years.
I couldn't get a 're-direter' off my PC with AVG. I installed kaspersky and it cleared it and found numerous other virus/malware .Last 3 years have been virus free for my desktop and 3 laptops.
You also have to be careful as some combinations of antivirus and malware programs can conflict with each other.

-Hox-
16th August, 2009, 01:19 PM
Cheers for the comments guys. I ended up formatting and installing again... but this time I didn't go on the net before I had stuff installed - it works fine!