PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 05:42 PM
I have a vehicle at my shop that was diagnosed by another Euro speciality shop for a no start condition. With the original instrument cluster in the vehicle it will not start and the flashers are on and just about every module fault in displayed in the vehicle information display. The other shop told the customer the vehicle needed an instrument cluster, and before the vehicle got here I ordered a used cluster for a local yard. I unsoldered the M35080 and moved the EEPROM to the used/replacement cluster. The vehicle displays the same issues so I assume that didn't fix the problem. The question I had was is there additional programming that needs to be done with the IMMO aside from moving the M35080 over? Maybe I am missing something and the instrument cluster was the issue but because it isn't programmed to the vehicle is displays the same results?? Anyone ran into an issue like this before?

lush29
29th December, 2015, 05:53 PM
I have a vehicle at my shop that was diagnosed by another Euro speciality shop for a no start condition. With the original instrument cluster in the vehicle it will not start and the flashers are on and just about every module fault in displayed in the vehicle information display. The other shop told the customer the vehicle needed an instrument cluster, and before the vehicle got here I ordered a used cluster for a local yard. I unsoldered the M35080 and moved the EEPROM to the used/replacement cluster. The vehicle displays the same issues so I assume that didn't fix the problem. The question I had was is there additional programming that needs to be done with the IMMO aside from moving the M35080 over? Maybe I am missing something and the instrument cluster was the issue but because it isn't programmed to the vehicle is displays the same results?? Anyone ran into an issue like this before?
Any faults?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 06:48 PM
Any faults?

Pretty much every fault under the sun, uploading a youtube video right now

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 06:53 PM
http://youtu.be/NoXOcSEx9A4

lush29
29th December, 2015, 07:22 PM
http://youtu.be/NoXOcSEx9A4
Whiteout a full scan for faults i can't help you.

will4u69
29th December, 2015, 07:37 PM
Whiteout a full scan for faults i can't help you.

Maybe a can bus fault or a module gone down! !!
Clear all faults and see what comes back...

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 08:53 PM
Maybe a can bus fault or a module gone down! !!
Clear all faults and see what comes back...

All faults cleared and I get 1 code from the instrument cluster:
U0001-87 High Speed CAN communication bus

I get a bunch of codes from the RLM (ride level module):
U0122-87 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamic control module
U0100-87 - Lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module "A"
U0101-87 - Lost communication with transmission control module
U0128-87 - Lost communication with park brake control module
U0102-87 - Lost communication with transfer case control module
U1A13-87 - Lost communication with all terrain control module
U1A35-62 - VIN data

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 09:11 PM
Does the VIN in the instrument cluster have to match the vehicle? Even though I moved the original M35080 EEPROM over the replacement cluster still has the VIN from the salvage/donor yard vehicle?

lush29
29th December, 2015, 09:12 PM
Check all earths on the car. Plug the diagnostic back in crank the car few times and then read faults again in each module. Full scan. Looks like one or few of the modules are down. What about abs pump any faults? TCM?

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 09:17 PM
Check all earths on the car. Plug the diagnostic back in crank the car few times and then read faults again in each module. Full scan. Looks like one or few of the modules are down. What about abs pump any faults? TCM?

The vehicle will not even crank over, just dead but I can move the key forward and read what comes up.

Nymike
29th December, 2015, 10:39 PM
Vin has to match.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

JandJSpeedShop
29th December, 2015, 10:58 PM
Vin has to match.

Okay how to program the VIN into the instrument cluster? I assume it is in another chip other than the EEPROM M35080. Or which chip/mcu to unsolder from the old cluster and resolder to the replacement. Would the VIN mismatch cause the no start or no crank condition?

AVDIMON
29th December, 2015, 11:54 PM
I had exactly same issue with cluster swap on the same car! I've posted my solution under my post http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/503972-Range-Roover-Sport-2008?p=2671492#post2671492, BUT, I would like to know how to change VIN inside cluster since VIN is not in 35080 but locate in MCU!

JandJSpeedShop
30th December, 2015, 12:46 AM
I had exactly same issue with cluster swap on the same car! I've posted my solution under my post http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/503972-Range-Roover-Sport-2008?p=2671492#post2671492, BUT, I would like to know how to change VIN inside cluster since VIN is not in 35080 but locate in MCU!

Wow there has to be an easier way because I have a hot air rework station but this definitely looks challenging

JandJSpeedShop
30th December, 2015, 08:39 PM
Anyone know if the dealer can program a used instrument cluster with a new VIN?

Nymike
30th December, 2015, 09:54 PM
no, they can't. I did a lot of research about this and there was a similar thing on range Rover forums, guy new the dealer and even they couldn't programm it

Nymike
30th December, 2015, 09:58 PM
But it can be done as those guys doing it
sosdiagnostics.com

dataprog
1st January, 2016, 01:52 AM
Hi
You need a new file if you want to tell me

JandJSpeedShop
5th January, 2016, 06:29 PM
Okay successfully moved over the processor with the VIN information and that checks out now with the scanner, however the vehicle is still a NO crank/start condition and the instrument cluster is still going haywire.

Any other common component that kills the CAN bus?

My codes now are:
U0159-87 Lost comm with parking assist control module
B1B91-3A Seat tilt motor hall sensor
U0416-00 Invalid data received from vehicle dynamic control module

will4u69
5th January, 2016, 08:50 PM
Okay successfully moved over the processor with the VIN information and that checks out now with the scanner, however the vehicle is still a NO crank/start condition and the instrument cluster is still going haywire.

Any other common component that kills the CAN bus?

My codes now are:
U0159-87 Lost comm with parking assist control module
B1B91-3A Seat tilt motor hall sensor
U0416-00 Invalid data received from vehicle dynamic control module
Sounds light a high speed can fault or clocks are wrong version for that vehicle.

gokifly
14th May, 2018, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem, did you solved this vehicle?

Regards.

electromech
20th August, 2018, 08:25 AM
Hi
I finally had some time to sit with this issue with regards to swopping Clusters on the Discover 3 and Range Rover sport Pre 2010MY
One will need SDD or Autologic both work and fail at the same area of programming so I assume Autologic copied process from SDD (I have personally tested both so they work!!!)

First with original Cluster in request new file from Autologic and if using SDD from Land Rover,Then program replacement cluster with this file ( Please note new file will be loaded but at the end both units will say the process has failed ) its fine as we just needed the flash in the Renesas H8S to have the VIN rewritten(Car still will not start but when interrogating Cluster the correct Vin will show).Now remove the replacement cluster and either swop the 080D0WQ/M35080 (Vin also stored in this EEP) from original cluster to replacement cluster I just read the old EEP and program new EEP
Plug in Cluster and car will start with no issues