PDA

View Full Version : max-v No pictures, but able to view channels

frasztor
6th July, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi Guys, Im new too all this cable stuff. I bought a Max-V in March 2008 I followed the suppliers instructions

mode=normal
start=300.00mhz
stop=870.00mhz
symbolrate=6.952
symbolrate=6.887

On the yellow powerscan. I picked up most of the channels without any trouble... All working well. Until Virgin.M did a scramble and ever since then it stopped working. Constant pictures freezing and "no signal"
I tried ringing the supplier, but it became apparant that they no longer sold or had know knowledge of who were selling the goods... scums!

I've been reading around and it seems I've become more confused with all this flashing and configuring and if virgin media are on top of this game with there frequent key changes?!?

Anyway, updated the firmware Kuro v3 Final 18042008. And changing the symbolrate too 6.887. After doing the power scan, again able to view loads of channels appearing, but after completion. I was unable to see any pictures the occasional picture freeze, if i was lucky. Message "updating channel" **** or no signal

I reflashed it again with another firmware updated i found UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_28_04_08_8%_Fix. And now thats made things worse..... Now I cant see any channels or any pictures...

Please can anyone assist with what i am doing wrong... Or has the provider V.M put a stop to all of this? Is it time to bin this device??

cantona7
6th July, 2008, 10:26 PM
aint much good on this meself look in cable sections and ill be surprised if answer isnt there some where

sakiblateef
If you keep getting the updating message then you need to leave it to update a few minutes then it will clear the channels. You get this message everytime there is a key change and for the past 2 weeks they have been changing them regularly.

smirnoff_rules
do u have this box connected to the main cable feed without splitters

frasztor
6th July, 2008, 11:16 PM
Yep... my main cable feed enters direct into the max-v. Is i worth me flashing back to my previous firmware.... And try something different....?
I'm in the London area, is anyone else with V.M and has a working box?!?
thanks for your reply

stroner
6th July, 2008, 11:38 PM
Go back to the 18/04/08 firmware and as sakiblateef says leave it to update when it says "please wait code updating" leave it on sly sports 1 cause it updates faster on this channel.
When the channels start to pixelate press the info button twice and see what signal levels your getting, anything above 80% can cause problems and an attenuator could be needed to reduce your signal levels,also try turning the built in signal booster on/off

frasztor
6th July, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'll try that Ronster... thanks for the info...

lost
7th July, 2008, 04:06 PM
also check in setup to see if emu is enabled

frasztor
7th July, 2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry dude, where do I found this emu setting? please. Not been able to locate this in the setup..?
Thanks

<--frasztor added 7 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

I tried going back to the previous firmware... and know I cant seem to see any channels updating.... Oh man...

lost
7th July, 2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry dude, where do I found this emu setting? please. Not been able to locate this in the setup..?
Thanks

<--frasztor added 7 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

I tried going back to the previous firmware... and know I cant seem to see any channels updating.... Oh man...

go into menu select language ok then enter 1968 remmember to turn off emu if you dont subscribe so you are then only fta also did you do a factory reset after you updated fw
hope this helps

frasztor
7th July, 2008, 11:54 PM
Hi mate,

I just updated my firmware with UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_T_signal_fix_28_04_08. I seem to be getting aound a 140 channels, but things like sky sports and most of the premium channesl seem to show up as scrambled... or no signal.. All the other channels seem to have constant picture freezing and lots of distortion. Im not sure what to do next....? any help please... Has my service provided got the upper hand

lost
8th July, 2008, 12:15 AM
have sent you a pm check to see what signal is on chans that are freezing if the signal is to strong that can cause the freezin and glitching i find ideal signal is around 80 also ty the 18/4 fw and do a factory reset b4 and after you install new fw.what is youre general location /

Onitsuka
9th July, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hi mate,

I just updated my firmware with UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_T_signal_fix_28_04_08. I seem to be getting aound a 140 channels, but things like sky sports and most of the premium channesl seem to show up as scrambled... or no signal.. All the other channels seem to have constant picture freezing and lots of distortion. Im not sure what to do next....? any help please... Has my service provided got the upper hand

i am also with VM in the londonish area, i flashed with the 18/04/08 version, did a factory reset, let the channels that say "no signal" load up and you should have a picture.....i had a similar prob but ok now..

lost
10th July, 2008, 10:49 PM
@ frasztor have you sorted it ? if you have can you say how as it may help others who may have the same problem.

reddevil99
18th July, 2008, 02:57 PM
you may need to flash ur box or put the codes in urself.go to menu on the first item that come up select ok put in code 1968 then ok then repeat code
scroll down to the keys of ur provider then change accordingly ur can get your keys by downloading bigmaq tool bar

lost
18th July, 2008, 04:10 PM
well its been over a week now since he asked for help so i assume he has sorted it.