PDA

View Full Version : antivirus

cico1982
7th July, 2008, 04:11 PM
can anybody advice me on the best free antivirus to download and were please?
cico

lost
7th July, 2008, 04:21 PM
can anybody advice me on the best free antivirus to download and were please?
cico

i use avast and think its one of the best and its free

bugaloo41
7th July, 2008, 05:27 PM
avg is decent enough - free version here AVG Free - Download antivirus and antispyware software for Windows XP and Vista (http://free.avg.com/)

smirnoff_rules
7th July, 2008, 05:37 PM
nod32 is a great program too and free in the right places

digilox
11th July, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'm using AVG 8 on one computer and Avast on the other one upstairs.
Not much to choose from really, but I think the Avast loads a bit quicker than AVG.

Mind you I've got so much cr*p on this computer that it takes ages anyway.
Really needs a good spring clean but I think I'll wait until I get back from me hols.:cheers:

caveman_nige
11th July, 2008, 05:28 PM
I have been using AVG without anu complaints for a few years now, kept me clean an safe all that time... don't forget to use the 'cocktail' approach and get seperate free products for your antispyware and firewall etc...

baldy
11th July, 2008, 07:48 PM
Do you not find random speed issues with version 8.0 onwards of free edition :(

lebob
11th July, 2008, 10:01 PM
Seemed faster to me when i disabled linkscanner

kobkobk
14th July, 2008, 07:59 AM
also use nod 32 with 3 pc's

Saltire
15th July, 2008, 03:51 AM
zonealarms security suite mate, ive tried all the others for years n years, tried them all, well not them all, but you know what i mean, the major players i mean, out of them all, i have found zonealarms security suite to be about the best.

You can find the full version if you go looky looky, lol.

one really great feature i find with zonealarms is the online game mode option that allows you to play your online games just by clicking the option on in the taskbar, i got so sick of all the other internet security software that you had to setup the firewall etc to allow your online game to work and all that stuff, and half of the time the gaming just wouldnt work, sometimes a nightmare, but the zonealarms isnt like that, its great, and when you turn on game mode theres no drop in the online security level either :), its cracking, blah blah blah.

(zonealarms company just send the cheque in the post, lol)

dont do it it'l hurt
15th July, 2008, 07:46 AM
zonealarms security suite or nod 32 for me

honbruce2001
16th July, 2008, 03:39 PM
AVG 8 - they have recently updated - altering the link scanner, so it's not as slow as it was.

lebob
16th July, 2008, 07:34 PM
AVG 8 - they have recently updated - altering the link scanner, so it's not as slow as it was.
Cheers mate, i might enable linkscanner again and give it another try.

billy2
18th July, 2008, 12:58 AM
also AVG 8 had no probs yet