PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 with comms only to ECU and Transmission

Fallen
17th January, 2016, 01:13 PM
Hi chaps,

I had a Golf 5 1K (Not golf 4) today that was a non-starter.
I could only scan the Engine ECU and transmission, no communication with any other module (airbag, cluster, etc).

Customer had changed both front struts on the car, it was not turned on for about 5 months.

I extracted the PIN code from the ECU and re-adapted it to the car but still the same faults.

I did an immo off to get the car started and it ran fine.
This is the second Golf I have heard of this week with exactly the same issues.
If this was a CAN car, I would assume it was a gateway issue but it's K-Link.

Photo of the ECU faults attached.

Anybody got any idea whats up with these golf's?

Cheers

haroutioun
17th January, 2016, 01:58 PM
Hello Bro.
i thing the car golf 5 not golf 4 ???.
1) if you accept give us the Vin number of the car, or some more info from the car exactly what kind golf & the year. to know how help.

ninja123
17th January, 2016, 08:19 PM
Had a few TT's like this, turned out to be faulty dash.

Fallen
17th January, 2016, 11:18 PM
Hello Bro.
i thing the car golf 5 not golf 4 ???.
1) if you accept give us the Vin number of the car, or some more info from the car exactly what kind golf & the year. to know how help.

Sorry Haroution, you are correct, its a 1K golf, golf 5.
WVWZZZ1KZ5UXXXXXX

If seemed like a very unusual problem but i'm not a mechanic, just a locksmith so my mechanical knowledge is limited.

haroutioun
18th January, 2016, 07:53 AM
Hello bro.
no problem bro,but just to know what kind is,to know how thing to solve it, bro i think it show your car system Early Production without (getaway module), the system data bus in the instrument.
1) so please the first step when you open ignition did the airbag led show (on) after one second (off) ???, if it that so no problem in airbag module. if not so try disconnect airbag control modules connector and see if you can scan cluster or no.
2) did the car lock unlock all doors by remote or manual? try scan the 46 (comfort module) did can scan?
3) try remove the pin 25 from cluster wire gray/white, & try remove pin 6 from steering wheel control module,same color gray/white. remove each one and see if you can scan the modules which you can't scan it. lat me know the result.