PDA

View Full Version : complete newbie

steve3123
16th August, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hello, ive just bought a kryptview 1000 (thinking it was a freesat box!) and after then realised it was a cable box. Ive plugged it in to my homes cable wiring, (i have virgin aka telewest birmingham) However all the box says it has is NTL.
Now im not silly when it come to flashing, but i need the tp's for the birmingham area for the box to scan.. it keeps telling me its found 10tp's but nothing comes up no tv no radio.

Please any info greatly recieved, I have no manuals nor software with this box. :giveup:

smirnoff_rules
16th August, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hello, ive just bought a kryptview 1000 (thinking it was a freesat box!) and after then realised it was a cable box. Ive plugged it in to my homes cable wiring, (i have virgin aka telewest birmingham) However all the box says it has is NTL.
Now im not silly when it come to flashing, but i need the tp's for the birmingham area for the box to scan.. it keeps telling me its found 10tp's but nothing comes up no tv no radio.

Please any info greatly recieved, I have no manuals nor software with this box. :giveup:

birminghams telewest m8 m8 not ntl

heres the lastest software l think , l havnt one of these boxes so not upto date on them , but im sure u can change from ntl to tw

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview 120709 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-120709-793/)

steve3123
16th August, 2009, 02:49 PM
yep i know that, left the box on for an hour in standby so it searches and found them. still only 10tp's and nothing else.

wilf
16th August, 2009, 05:05 PM

first of all you must be sure what you have as to my knowledge kryptview dont make a 1000 model, but if either the 700 or 750 it will need to be flashed first for it receive all the channels have a read here steve http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

cactikid
16th August, 2009, 05:14 PM
yes only know of 700 and 750,if you still have box look between the inner and outer layers for booklet,sometimes it is hidden.

goretti
17th August, 2009, 03:04 PM
having problems getting all chanells

satsmo
17th August, 2009, 03:06 PM
I have answered you on you last post http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/missing-channels-48345/index2.html#post256871

steve3123
18th August, 2009, 12:03 PM
i have downloaded and flashed my box,, (love the new colour scheme) now i only find 11tp's. still no channels. I have left the box in power search mode.

I dont know exactly what i am doing, but signal strength is bouncing between 95 and 54 and quality anywhere between 0 and 99! My other vermin box is working normally. I replaced the vermin box with the kryptview and the same, put the box onto the direct feed, no splitter and still the same. Any suggestions?

EAMO 2
19th August, 2009, 07:44 AM
i have downloaded and flashed my box,, (love the new colour scheme) now i only find 11tp's. still no channels. I have left the box in power search mode.

I dont know exactly what i am doing, but signal strength is bouncing between 95 and 54 and quality anywhere between 0 and 99! My other vermin box is working normally. I replaced the vermin box with the kryptview and the same, put the box onto the direct feed, no splitter and still the same. Any suggestions?

You need to go to AUTO-SCAN & select correct PROV .
Set scan at NETWORK, & keep selecting Green option when prompted.
When LEGACY options appear scroll thru options & select one.
Write down chosen LEGACY option & if scan fails to find chls. retrace
your steps & choose different LEG option.
Power-scan will only scan T.P.'s in your box, so if these values are not
correct for your area your at nothing. I'm a bit concerned about your box
I.D. , Kryptvu have 2 models; 700 & 750. Eurovox do a 1000sl. You might
comeback & advise forum, & whether box is new or old. Maybe you could post PICTURE of your box

steve3123
19th August, 2009, 12:38 PM
You need to go to AUTO-SCAN & select correct PROV .
Set scan at NETWORK, & keep selecting Green option when prompted.
When LEGACY options appear scroll thru options & select one.
Write down chosen LEGACY option & if scan fails to find chls. retrace
your steps & choose different LEG option.
Power-scan will only scan T.P.'s in your box, so if these values are not
correct for your area your at nothing. I'm a bit concerned about your box
I.D. , Kryptvu have 2 models; 700 & 750. Eurovox do a 1000sl. You might
comeback & advise forum, & whether box is new or old. Maybe you could post PICTURE of your box

its a 700.

EAMO 2
21st August, 2009, 07:50 AM
its a 700.

In Brummie the 700 will work fine once you use correct Sym. rate for your
area.

PoshWindle
22nd August, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yep - I have one of these in Brum area and it works fine.

Get the install instructions as posted and read through take your time and use the latest firmware/keys

steve3123
23rd August, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yep - I have one of these in Brum area and it works fine.

Get the install instructions as posted and read through take your time and use the latest firmware/keys

flashed with latest firmware and i assume keys. I dont need to put my vermin card in to this box do i? It doesnt have a card reader.

wilf
23rd August, 2009, 05:31 PM
the keys will roll auto in the latest firmware and no you dont put your card in to the kryptview