PDA

View Full Version : Assyst & Assyst+ edit with Xentry

davecooper47
20th January, 2016, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way of editing service history on W204/207/212 with Xentry?

I know how to delete the previous service entry but is there a way of fully editing the mileage and days in the service record?

If there is, can someone please post brief instructions.

Many thanks.

smuggler86
20th January, 2016, 07:49 PM
Yes, requires "initial startup with new control unit installed" in cluster on xentry, if you can skip required software update, you are lucky and can edit assyst, otherwise only dealer can do this after software update of cluster.

davecooper47
20th January, 2016, 08:04 PM
Smuggler I think I saw your post about this on another forum. I managed to get into it using this method but couldn't find how to edit once I was in there.

I found how to delete service history so I can do that then program mileage in cluster to when I want first service to show then do service reset and then the next service mileage etc but it'd be a lot easier if I could just edit all of the service entries to what I need in one go.

smuggler86
20th January, 2016, 08:09 PM
it's not quite that simple, as the method tricks the Xentry to think that the old cluster is not available, so will allow tech/user to manually enter service history. So carry out intial startup, then teach in process, it will ask for car first registered date and then each service date and mileage and write each one to the memory seperately. It's the only way to do it, hopefully your Xentry will not be the newest version and will let you get to menu without checking for new software like latest Xentry versions do.

The problem with changing the mileage and then confirming service on cluster every time like you say, the remaining distance for each service won't be correct.

I don't have a car here I could show you with screenshots, otherwise I would.

paftec
20th January, 2016, 08:41 PM
if you have avdi or fvdi, it's very easy to make it.

davecooper47
20th January, 2016, 08:42 PM
That sounds about right. I have a fairly new Xentry. I tried to do teach in process and it said that I need to be online.