PDA

View Full Version : DreamUp problems

owen7
17th August, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hi guys,

Right here goes! I've just bought a OpenMedia box and today i've just recieved my cables in order to flash it using DreamUp.

Problem i'm having is i can't get any further after connecting the Null modem lead i then plug in the box, power on then wait... but nothing happens, i am using the Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup

I am using a USB 2.0 TO RS232 SERIAL DB9 9 PIN ADAPTER CABLE then a Null modem cable connected to that due to my laptop not having a solo R232 output, would that matter?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

hipparcos
17th August, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hi guys,

Right here goes! I've just bought a OpenMedia box and today i've just recieved my cables in order to flash it using DreamUp.

Problem i'm having is i can't get any further after connecting the Null modem lead i then plug in the box, power on then wait... but nothing happens, i am using the Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup

I am using a USB 2.0 TO RS232 SERIAL DB9 9 PIN ADAPTER CABLE then a Null modem cable connected to that due to my laptop not having a solo R232 output, would that matter?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Hi mate,

Having tried this kind of setup with numerous settings myself and failed miserably, i used a pc card for the laptop with a proper 232 interface. This finally worked.

Sad but true.

Cheers,
Frank

cloudnineuk54
17th August, 2009, 01:08 PM
ive just flashed mine using same cables as yourself no problems at all,are you sure your drivers are installed for the adapter,and also are your com ports are set correctly

simonn
17th August, 2009, 02:03 PM
I dont have this box I have a eurovox.

However when i plug in my box using the null modem I don't get a response from it either. However if I just use the firmware update or whatever I need to do, it works on it but still doesn't respond if you see what I mean?

owen7
17th August, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi mate,

Having tried this kind of setup with numerous settings myself and failed miserably, i used a pc card for the laptop with a proper 232 interface. This finally worked.

Sad but true.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi there bud,

Not what i wanted to hear! just bought the usb to serial cable & a null modem cable after doing some research before hand aswell!

Ta anyway.

ive just flashed mine using same cables as yourself no problems at all,are you sure your drivers are installed for the adapter,and also are your com ports are set correctly

Hi mate, this is what i want to hear! i'm guessing the drivers are installed as usb to serial came with a drivers cd which i've ran & installed - the other cable, the null modem lead didnt come with any cd - i'm guessing it doesnt need drivers.

I can get the connection prepered screen ok after pressing connect in DreamUp but when i then plug the OpenMedia box to power on i then get nothing - no blue progress bar appearing within a second or two like it should, i feel like :giveup::banghead:

Here's me thinking it would be dead simple grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

owen7
18th August, 2009, 11:42 AM
Anyone any ideas? got an expensive door stop @ the mo!

opsmonkey
18th August, 2009, 09:53 PM
are you running Windows Vista..??

this has had issues with the USB adapter..

EAMO 2
19th August, 2009, 07:17 AM
Anyone any ideas? got an expensive door stop @ the mo!

If you have ethernet crossover cable you could FTP image to your box
using FXP or similiar program. Have found some USB-9pin cables will
work fine flashing cable-tuner boxes, but will not with Dream-Up.

EAMO 2
19th August, 2009, 07:23 AM
I dont have this box I have a eurovox.

However when i plug in my box using the null modem I don't get a response from it either. However if I just use the firmware update or whatever I need to do, it works on it but still doesn't respond if you see what I mean?

Get your hands on P.C. with 9pin com-port, set to COM 1,2,3,or4.
Eurovox loader will only detect COMS 1 2 3 or 4, so make sure of com-port
settings. This could also be your problem using USB-9pin. So have a look.

owen7
19th August, 2009, 12:50 PM
are you running Windows Vista..??

this has had issues with the USB adapter..

Hi, nope i'm running XP.

If you have ethernet crossover cable you could FTP image to your box
using FXP or similiar program. Have found some USB-9pin cables will
work fine flashing cable-tuner boxes, but will not with Dream-Up.

Thanks for that, i've read somewhere in the many guides i've looked at! that i can use a normal ethernet cable (not crossover) if you do it via a router is that
right?

I will buy a crossover cable if need be though, seen them for about ?1.50 on ebay.

Cheers.

EAMO 2
21st August, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hi, nope i'm running XP.

Thanks for that, i've read somewhere in the many guides i've looked at! that i can use a normal ethernet cable (not crossover) if you do it via a router is that
right?

I will buy a crossover cable if need be though, seen them for about ?1.50 on ebay.

Cheers.

Correct, via router straight ethernet is suitable

owen7
25th August, 2009, 07:19 PM
****kin get in there! i've finally managed to flash a image onto my box :party : <-------------- that's how i feel right now!

just like to say thanks to this site and all the helpful guys on it, as without you it wouldnt have been possible :congrats:

I've just the small problem now of no channels appearing when i do a search lol!

mdeee
24th September, 2009, 04:25 PM
HI

I have this same poblem as Owen7, how exactly did you get it sorted using router via ethernet??

mdeee
24th September, 2009, 04:27 PM
Correct, via router straight ethernet is suitable
How does this method work ,please give some guidance??

zzzakos
30th December, 2009, 12:10 AM
Help please
I have Windows Vista and I cant connect to DreamUP with USB-RS232 cable.
This is the only way I can use sailer.

Bulld0g
30th December, 2009, 12:20 AM
Other people connect via usb no probs m8, I've never succeeded. Pot luck mkaybe. Try a different OS or a different pc without a usb

cloudnineuk54
30th December, 2009, 12:33 AM
ive used dreamup on vista with no problems,but although i installed the drivers that came on a cd with my usb adapter,before i used it i done a widows/software update,which did find updates for it,just a thought you could try,i also used a dbox proggy to send image to box and flashed using remote,i found this to be so easy,maybe you could try it. good luck 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download image2box.zip (http://www.4shared.com/file/152861126/1dd91636/image2box.html) i used ordinary ethernet from router to box,the image i used was neutrino so i made sure i named image mtd.img so proggy found it ok,same if you use enigma name that right so proggy finds it ok,but im not sure on that youll have to ask