PDA

View Full Version : Kess V2 Clone "security code not ready"

rowleys
25th January, 2016, 10:33 PM
Hi, Please can anyone shed some light on this error for me... I have had my clone tool for about 4 months I have Read & Write to about 8 car's

Friday I went to send a VW Caddy EDC16 This read fine with no error's at all.. Got the file mapped.. Before I wrong back to this VW Caddy, I read a MK5 Gold TDI this was also a EDC16, Then I got this error "security code not ready" So i though was just the ECU on the car ... So Sunday I went to ID the Caddy I got the map for & got the same error "security code not ready" ... Tried to read it and still says the same

I changed the Speed min & still the same error ..
I waited 40 min in the car with the key on switch 2 this still did the same error ..

I have no idea, Is my tool no broke ?

teamtuner
25th January, 2016, 10:54 PM
batterie charger conected to the car batterie?

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 12:03 AM
Hi. Yes I even tested with the ecu at 14v. I did the jump leads from my car to the vw caddy.

Still the same problem :(

I have tried everything. Even installed different version of the software :(

jakkeviet
26th January, 2016, 06:30 AM
car is already tuned
read bdm

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 07:46 AM
It can't be that. Why did it read it before. ??'

Read and save the map on the ecu Friday. When to write it Sunday & now getting these errors nothing's being wrote to the car ?

teerak2uk
26th January, 2016, 08:52 AM
Maybe try by bdm

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 09:04 AM
Hi what is bdm ??

javyb
26th January, 2016, 09:52 AM
Hi, Please can anyone shed some light on this error for me... I have had my clone tool for about 4 months I have Read & Write to about 8 car's

Friday I went to send a VW Caddy EDC16 This read fine with no error's at all.. Got the file mapped.. Before I wrong back to this VW Caddy, I read a MK5 Gold TDI this was also a EDC16, Then I got this error "security code not ready" So i though was just the ECU on the car ... So Sunday I went to ID the Caddy I got the map for & got the same error "security code not ready" ... Tried to read it and still says the same

I changed the Speed min & still the same error ..
I waited 40 min in the car with the key on switch 2 this still did the same error ..

I have no idea, Is my tool no broke ?
I had this issue with a skoda superb edc16. In the end I had to open ecu and bdm it

cawadany
26th January, 2016, 10:01 AM
It can't be that. Why did it read it before. ??'

Read and save the map on the ecu Friday. When to write it Sunday & now getting these errors nothing's being wrote to the car ?

Who made the mod file that you wrote on Sunday? You or another person?

pulsar2000
26th January, 2016, 10:03 AM
Had same issue with alfa Romeo, EDC16 In the End just open and BDM, so much quicker / Safer

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 10:57 AM
Who made the mod file that you wrote on Sunday? You or another person?

I never got to write any file to the caddy.

I this is the step I take
Friday
I ID the ecu come back ok
So then I read the map and saved it.

Emailed the map off.
Got the map back but decided to write the map Sunday as I'm free that day.

So connected jump leads then when to ID the ecu. Got the message back. Code not ready ?

Change the speed setting the ID again same message. Code not ready.

So I though I read the ecu Friday will try and read it again. Got the same error back.

So never even clicked the write botton as did not want it to wring anything I the car just in case ..

But the strange thing is that it did the same on my own car the normal reads and write perfect all the time.

I messaged someone on eBay who repairs the Kess tools. He things it's the sd card in side.

Had same issue with alfa Romeo, EDC16 In the End just open and BDM, so much quicker / Safer

I don't have a bdm yet :(

teamtuner
26th January, 2016, 11:45 AM
is only protocol problems...format sdcard fat32 and write this
https://mega.nz/#!NUoWUQAZ!lY-mExS5j0F7qmkV8KGByQ3y1Q_O3RHehQx0ly1zzlI

CustomCars
26th January, 2016, 12:04 PM
Hold me up, you make tune to this car and even know what's is BDM ?
Yeah we going into right direction guys.

Try teamtuner solution, problem with protocol is possible.
And find some mate with BDM and knowledge how to do this..

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 12:19 PM
Sorry yes I know what a bdm is. Just got confused. I though it was an other tool.

I will try what teamtuner said tonight. I think I'm gonna have the get my self the bdm tools with the pogo pins.

It's just shocked me how it has read it then now it's not reading it :(

OVERSPEED
26th January, 2016, 02:45 PM
is only protocol problems...format sdcard fat32 and write this
https://mega.nz/#!NUoWUQAZ!lY-mExS5j0F7qmkV8KGByQ3y1Q_O3RHehQx0ly1zzlI

This is for 3.09or newer FW ?

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 02:57 PM
This is the Kess I got.

Promotion !! DHL Shipping Newest Kess V2 V2.15 FW V4.036 No Tokens Limiation KESS V2 Master KESS V2 OBD2 Manager Tuning Kit
http://s.aliexpress.com/nqaQfaa2

Well this sd image work ?

pulsar2000
26th January, 2016, 03:01 PM
Sorry yes I know what a bdm is. Just got confused. I though it was an other tool.

I will try what teamtuner said tonight. I think I'm gonna have the get my self the bdm tools with the pogo pins.

It's just shocked me how it has read it then now it's not reading it :(

I wouldnt even attempt read/writing cars without good Insurance, BDM / Boot mode capable tool is a must !! as when that flash fails, you will be up sh1t creak without a paddle,
I use K tag, EVC bdm100, Fgtech, lots of tools with BDM

if you bought china you may have BDM adapter supplied - so technically you have BDM on kess. if not get a bdm adaptor.

rowleys
26th January, 2016, 03:14 PM
Yeh I think I have the bdm stuff with me Kess. But not the bdm frame. I have order the fgtech with a bdm stand. It won't be hard for me to bdm as I jtag cables & skybox. Just getting the ecu out of the cars.

But I have never had to do it this way before the edc16 always works on my Kess. No idea why it's not now.

The guy on eBay said for ?30 he can we do my Kess and add filters and change things mate it more solid ?

pulsar2000
26th January, 2016, 04:06 PM
Murarata Filters, its all on this site if you search,,,,
so your kess is unworked ? i changed a load of components in mine, so more stable,
you don't need adapaters if your in a hurry, just solder to bdm pad, correct pins, and flash

as far as i know all china had K line issue, or Can cant remember which,
most people reworked there pcb, all info if you search forum,
youd be lucky to have a 1 on 1 clone from the chinese and expect it to work on all, with the K line or can issue unresolved,

mine was hit and miss on most stuff till board was reworked,

gazvts
26th January, 2016, 04:36 PM
Yeh I think I have the bdm stuff with me Kess. But not the bdm frame. I have order the fgtech with a bdm stand. It won't be hard for me to bdm as I jtag cables & skybox. Just getting the ecu out of the cars.

But I have never had to do it this way before the edc16 always works on my Kess. No idea why it's not now.

The guy on eBay said for ?30 he can we do my Kess and add filters and change things mate it more solid ?
save 30 quid rework yourself also buy rework components for your fgtech

teamtuner
26th January, 2016, 06:03 PM
agree with all said untill now...for complete...kess have not bdm function...("if you bought china you may have BDM adapter supplied - so technically you have BDM on kess. if not get a bdm adaptor")

best to bdm is ktag-trasdata...also for wired connections on bench