PDA

View Full Version : Help My Box Super Wont updaate!

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hi,

I have the Box Super but i cant get it to update, i have the latest version loader..i think! 8.04e and the new bin file but every time i try to update it an error msg comes up saying flash failed? has anyone any ideas why this is. I am having simlar problems when i try updating my Eurovox EX1000SL too when i press start that just freezes!!
Please help me!!

Thanks

Ant

khenryashley
17th August, 2009, 05:37 PM
What cable are you using. Null modem 9 pin male to female or usb to 9 pin

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hi

its the usb to 9 pin but not had any probs before with it?

Emile Austin
17th August, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hi,

I have the Box Super but i cant get it to update, i have the latest version loader..i think! 8.04e and the new bin file but every time i try to update it an error msg comes up saying flash failed? has anyone any ideas why this is. I am having simlar problems when i try updating my Eurovox EX1000SL too when i press start that just freezes!!
Please help me!!

Thanks

Ant

Check if you loaders are not zippeg in that case u'vr got to unzipp before downloading, if it's an Application folder it shoudbe straight forward but make sure get the connections right with the nulle cable ; COM1 :captain::captain:

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 05:52 PM
Ok will Try that thanks.

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi have just tried that but still not working and freezing? i posted another thread a min ago asking if there was a code in the menu i need to enter like the 1570 on the starviews to turn on the emu before flashing is that so with these boxes?

khenryashley
17th August, 2009, 06:02 PM
As Emile has said
Open the file you downloaded to desktop. Extract the Bin file to your PC (remember where you saved the files)
Plug you Box into your Pc using Null modem cable. (or USB to 9pin female cable- you will probably need the drivers for the usb. You can find these in the download section)
Click on the 8.04 file you extracted to your desktop .When gt rom appears select download.(usually on com 1) Wait till it has fully 100% downloaded.

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 06:08 PM
Managed to sort the Box Super out thanks guys but still cant get the Eurovox ex1000sl working, is there a code i need to put in on these as there is on the box super ie 1570 to turn on the emu before flashing?

khenryashley
17th August, 2009, 07:18 PM
Managed to sort the Box Super out thanks guys but still cant get the Eurovox ex1000sl working, is there a code i need to put in on these as there is on the box super ie 1570 to turn on the emu before flashing?

Have a look in the eurovox forum. There will be info in there

denisolsen
17th August, 2009, 07:24 PM

How did you get it sorted. Where you getting "update failed"

ant1975
17th August, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hi just had to make the the file was extracted properly and it worked. Have looked on eurovox forum for my other problem but had no joy. Any ideas?

Regards

Ant

andy66
17th August, 2009, 07:42 PM
hi

theboxusb movie s gone any new updates dublin

khenryashley
17th August, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hi just had to make the the file was extracted properly and it worked. Have looked on eurovox forum for my other problem but had no joy. Any ideas?

Regards

Ant

Post the question on the Eurovox forum and someone will answer it.