PDA

View Full Version : transfer data from jb phone to non jb phone

cablefreejunkie
3rd February, 2016, 11:20 AM
hello peeps
i have just received a new iphone 6 through my insurance,its on the latest ios,my back up from my old iphone 6 will not transfer onto my new phone as it keeps saying the back up is corrupted,ive set up i cloud which i never had before and some data has synced across (contacts and numbers etc) but i cant get my tx msgs photos videos notes etc to sync or transfer to my new phone,ive got to send the old one back and so i need to restore it to default but want all my stuff off of it before i restore,anyone know a way i can get everything onto my new phone
thanks for reading and any help as always,much appreciated

johnboy1974
3rd February, 2016, 07:15 PM
There's program called ifunbox which can access the raw file system on your I devices.
You only need to drag what you want from the old phone onto your computer desktop. Make a note what files and where they were located, then connect new phone to ifunbox and drag files back in where you originally got them from.
Some google searches will reveal the locations of text messages etc within the raw file system.

cablefreejunkie
3rd February, 2016, 08:04 PM
thanks for that johnboy i will give it a go and report back :)

pielectronics
1st March, 2017, 10:49 PM
I did this success and no error messages shown. One thing need to mention that you need to make sure the cable you use it strong enough and quick data transfer. I use piarmor to do the transfer and no error message shown. Hope good luck.