PDA

View Full Version : eurovox ex5000 pvr

potter
9th July, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hi need help, bought a eurovox pvr today and im only getting the freeview channels, done scan all channels are listed but only the freeview channels working. please help

smirnoff_rules
9th July, 2008, 06:35 PM
they only come with free to air channels , u will need to install the software for that to work .. no idea where u will get that from . have u emailed the sell to see if they will give u the name of a site that has it

potter
9th July, 2008, 06:45 PM
yes all he says you will find it on the net, bit deprate now

satsmo
9th July, 2008, 07:09 PM
I have it but dont know how to get it to you as unable to post it here for rules reasons.

potter
9th July, 2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks mate I dont no either im a newbie can you not pm me it
Thanks

satsmo
9th July, 2008, 07:26 PM
Cant mate as you havent enough posts think you need five though or you could pm me. Got to leave shortly though.

smirnoff_rules
9th July, 2008, 07:29 PM
upload to rapidshare or megaupload m8 , post the link and l'll move later

satsmo
9th July, 2008, 07:32 PM
Cheers I know how to go about it that way just didnt think it was advisable due to the fact that it is more than just FTA firmware.

potter
9th July, 2008, 07:33 PM
ok mate have pm you

smirnoff_rules
9th July, 2008, 07:38 PM
Cheers I know how to go about it that way just didnt think it was advisable due to the fact that it is more than just FTA firmware.

pm to me please sat .. nice to have

satsmo
9th July, 2008, 07:47 PM
Done folks and when people come looking for it, we can direct them your way smirnoff :)

potter
9th July, 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks you for your help guys got it working, not much changed from max v, apart from the pvr function and remote, will test the HDD later

satsmo
10th July, 2008, 01:15 AM
No problem, check out the new PVR manager section in channel manager and live pause/playback. Also note that as it only has a single tuner you can only watch channels on the same TP if you are recording on that TP.

andyt88888888
10th July, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hi there.

I just received my ex5000 today and I am looking for the software.

This is my first post, as I only discovered this forum when searching for the firmware.

Hopefully you will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Andy

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 05:04 PM
when u get a chance m8 how about a review on the box ..

potter
10th July, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hi guys, just to let you know the ex5000 pvr does not take any 2.5" IDE laptop hard drive
so be carefull when buying. just bought western digital 160gb and it does not work.
Been told the only one that works is seagate 2.5" IDE.

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 06:21 PM
thats a bit fussy lol .. a drives a drive ? it might play up a little but should work , is the drive formated

potter
10th July, 2008, 06:25 PM
i really dont now bud if formated, all i got told to buy any 2.5" IDE laptop hdd
and just slot in. did not work then i get told from a friend they only work on seagate mate

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 06:30 PM
does the box say anything when u connect the drive . u might have to flash the software with the drive in .. the old replay used to load software to the harddrive so the software was faster

potter
10th July, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes, no harddrive or full. you can hear it when you slot it in but nothing after. how do you format the hdd mate

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 06:36 PM
theres no option in the menu then to format then ? and how have u got the jumpers set

potter
10th July, 2008, 06:43 PM
Na no option on the menu mate. been told only seagate will work for now
just wasted ?40

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 06:46 PM
as u say l find it strange only one make works .. most drives a basicly the same m8 , just the speed the drive works well at .. just thinkin of u incase u blow money on another drive ..is there jumpers on the drive ?

there site says nothing about that

You can remove and share your Hard Drive with others to share your Media Library.
You can also connect the Hard Drive to a PC and download your Content To Store or Burn on to DVD.
It takes a IDE Laptop Hard Drive between 80gb/120gb giving you 40/60 hours worth of recording.

satsmo
10th July, 2008, 06:49 PM
Haven't had much of a chance to mess around with mine as of yet. I used a Samsung 120Gb HDD and all is fine. However Seagate is recommended. Some other manufacturers HDs don't suit because they have a plastic collar around the IDE and they wont even fit.

I have been told that Eurovox now recommend an 80GB HD. As these are only new to market there is still a bit of trial and error.

Regards your HDD not working could be a number of things. Have you tried as already recommended a reflash with HDD installed. You may also have to try a recording before HDD is recognised or a reboot. As said its trial and error for now as we all have a new toy.

potter
10th July, 2008, 06:56 PM
I cant really tell mate dont no much about hdd and were jumper are on them
it slots in perfect you can hear it running but does not recognise the hard drive

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 07:00 PM
http://www.mfslive.org/images/wd_jumper.gif can u see anything like this . it might not have any tho

potter
10th July, 2008, 07:09 PM
I`ll just go and check if it has one mate

<--potter added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...-->

na mate no jumpers on it, gonna flash box again with hard drive in see if that works

satsmo
10th July, 2008, 07:12 PM
smirnoff your first recommendation of a reflash with HDD installed is valid as I had the same thing today on another forum.
I flashed mine with HDD installed and it was fine.

potter
10th July, 2008, 07:35 PM
tried flash but failed, could it be the hard drive is to big 160gh

smirnoff_rules
10th July, 2008, 07:37 PM
well its well over wot they say it should have

satsmo
11th July, 2008, 04:38 PM
After a bit of messing around it wont work on any HDD above 160GB. Also windows cannot read the recording as its uses a different file system.

Think a few things need to be looked at but as said early days. The time slip function (live pause) is to be updated in the next release in a day or so. To change from play button to pause button. But as said think a few things need to be ironed out.

potter
11th July, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi guys, exchanged my hard drive for a 80gb still not working. how do i format this hard drive. Also been told new software was released this morning any news
on this

marvo
11th July, 2008, 05:38 PM
According to the net,,there is a seagate and fuji 120gb that are desinated for this box.

potter
11th July, 2008, 05:42 PM
There are people running the pvr with samsung and western digital
dont no how,

lost
11th July, 2008, 07:17 PM
fujitsu 120 gb is a no go tried one today and tried all local suppliers for seagate and samsung none to be had pc world etc

smirnoff_rules
11th July, 2008, 07:25 PM
bet your all well pissed off lads .. l would be pulling every lappy harddrive out by now and trying them lol

caveman_nige
11th July, 2008, 08:26 PM
What happened with regards to Smirnoff's jumper idea? Thats what i would be doing, I have seen this situation before with HDDs and it comes down to trying jumper settings. The DM600 recommends that you set the jumpers to CS (cable select) but that depends ont he the make of the disk. Has anybody actually tried jumpers yet?

potter
11th July, 2008, 09:09 PM
I had a look at samsung they have some sort of a plastic lip above the pins so will not fit. of to try format my western digital see if that works. let you no soon

caveman_nige
11th July, 2008, 09:11 PM
go to your local PC shop and ask them if they have an old scsi jumper, these fit perfectly. Sometimes you do have to trim them still and mod the ide cable connector a little...

potter
11th July, 2008, 11:30 PM
Got mine going guys flashed with the new 1.1v software put the hd in held the off button on remote the box reset pressed record it started to work.

lost
11th July, 2008, 11:37 PM
Got mine going guys flashed with the new 1.1v software put the hd in held the off button on remote the box reset pressed record it started to work.

is that with the wd 160gb hard drive ?

potter
11th July, 2008, 11:41 PM
no exchanged for a 80g this morning western digital

lincsat
12th July, 2008, 03:08 AM
I've been playing with different combo's for the last couple of days since i got some in and have come up with the following:

Some Hitachi & Fujitsu drives don't physically fit, so avoid them. No drive over 120Gig seems to work, so avoid them. I have successfully got a Seagate & WD 120Gig and old Hitachi 60Gig to work fine.

The new (v1.1) firmware does re-map the timeshift to the pause button, but there is an occasional slight Lip-Sync problem on some channels.

Big Problem - there is no language button on the remote, so there is no easy way to remove the audio description. You can upload the channel list to the PC and edit (delete) the main audio channel (PID) from the affected channels. This should work on all Eurovoxes, I have written a tutorial on another forum, I may copy it to here later but it's not difficult to figure out - just remember to keep a backup of everything in case you screw up :)

Edit - I've copied the Tut to a file and attached it here, feel free to suggest and updates/changes. Please remember I'm not a good teacher :)

kieran2604
12th July, 2008, 09:49 AM
just ordered mine yesterday..cant wait to it comes.

smirnoff_rules
12th July, 2008, 10:07 AM

where did the new software come from ? anyone got a link for it ? cheers

potter
12th July, 2008, 10:59 AM
have posted link for lattest pvr in downloads for you guys

chipy
12th July, 2008, 01:36 PM
just wanted to introduce myself as a new eurovox pvr user, everything working fine here with a seagate 120gig hard drive.

:itsme:

downloader
15th July, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi there new to this place just wondered whats the difference between the old firmware and the new with regards to the pause button thing. i.e. pros and cons as old firmware is working ok. i have no hdd yet so can't use pause \ time shift function

satsmo
15th July, 2008, 03:34 PM
Changes time shift, (live pause), from play button to pause button thats it.

dougiej1983
16th July, 2008, 01:28 PM
just making up my 5 posts so i can get the latest firmware,is that all that has changed,really sucks that when recording from epg u only get so many channels to watch until your recording is finished,not to mention epg always records after the program has started so always miss the start

<--dougiej1983 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

how can i connect my box upto pc to add/move stuff from the box's hard drive to my pc,do u need certain software?and what movie file format does that box suppost,could i add my avi's on it and watch through the box?

nkw59
16th July, 2008, 02:26 PM
You cant copy whats on the eurovox hard drive and watch them on the pc so i would think you cant do it the other way round either.Maybe in the future !

smirnoff_rules
16th July, 2008, 05:30 PM
You cant copy whats on the eurovox hard drive and watch them on the pc so i would think you cant do it the other way round either.Maybe in the future !

if u want to copy to the pc u can ? just remove and then connect to a remote drive caddy 2.5" USB 2.0 HDD External Enclosure/Caddy for LAPTOP on eBay, also, Hard Disk Drive Cases, Laptop Accessories, Computing (end time 16-Jul-08 18:37:58 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-USB-2-0-HDD-External-Enclosure-Caddy-for-LAPTOP_W0QQitemZ220255477606QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em220255477606&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318)

lost
16th July, 2008, 09:55 PM
if u want to copy to the pc u can ? just remove and then connect to a remote drive caddy 2.5" USB 2.0 HDD External Enclosure/Caddy for LAPTOP on eBay, also, Hard Disk Drive Cases, Laptop Accessories, Computing (end time 16-Jul-08 18:37:58 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-USB-2-0-HDD-External-Enclosure-Caddy-for-LAPTOP_W0QQitemZ220255477606QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em220255477606&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318)/

have you done this as i have read posts that have said a pc cannot read the file format from the eurovox hdd ?

smirnoff_rules
16th July, 2008, 10:14 PM
it'll be mpeg 1 or mpeg 2 m8 . lm sure

lost
17th July, 2008, 08:43 AM
it'll be mpeg 1 or mpeg 2 m8 . lm sure

the eurovox pvr uses a different file/Partition system to a windows PC, so you can't view recorded programs on your PC - Windows reports the drive as un-allocated storage space and won't read it, if you let windows initialize the drive, you will lose all your recordings.

I havent tried this but if it is correct then perhaps there wil be a program or sw to correct this in the future or perhaps a linux system will be able to read it

dougiej1983
17th July, 2008, 05:51 PM
why does every seller in this case of the eurovox pvr5000 say that u can connect it to pc to share media to burn to disc etc,must be simple enough or its false advertisement

smirnoff_rules
17th July, 2008, 06:33 PM
the eurovox pvr uses a different file/Partition system to a windows PC, so you can't view recorded programs on your PC - Windows reports the drive as un-allocated storage space and won't read it, if you let windows initialize the drive, you will lose all your recordings.

I havent tried this but if it is correct then perhaps there wil be a program or sw to correct this in the future or perhaps a linux system will be able to read it
if thats the case its put me of getting one .. why have a harddrive u can flip out in a second ? not clever that

dougiej1983
17th July, 2008, 06:35 PM
so just to confirm the latest firmware only changes a button switch,so no big deal if i don't update now?

nkw59
17th July, 2008, 07:46 PM
I have a problem with the channel manager as when i edit it quite a lot ie remove dead channels ,duplicate channels ,god and gay channels and removed some of the audio voiceovers.Once saved i open up dnupman again to resend the new channel listings i get a box mfc application has stopped working.If i upload the channel listing again i get the same,it only lets me in to edit the channels again when i have done a full scan or used the origional file from first scan.I can sometimes edit a few channels and its ok but do a few more and it locks me out again with the error.Any ideas as to why it does this or have a work around.It may be nice to be able to edit the audio channels from the box as you do the channels or have a button on the remote as per the old eurovox to change adio channel.Maybe somebody has an updated cdf file for ex c&w manchester that has already been edited that might work.Gonna try editing with xp later in case its a problem with vista.....

dougiej1983
17th July, 2008, 08:03 PM
quick question,im from edinburgh scotland,got the box a few days ago is it best doing a power scan or infact manual?im with virgin media but i can't seem to find bbc three anywhere,if it is best to enter manual codes where might i find them for my region,thanks

potter
18th July, 2008, 12:22 AM
If you scan your box after 7pm you will pick bbc3 and 4 up, for some reason it will not pick it up when it is of air

witko
18th July, 2008, 08:43 AM
was thinking about getting the new pvr ,have 2 already the sv ,and the replay the latter went belly up on me so am just wondering is it any good ,

dougiej1983
18th July, 2008, 10:42 AM
its good,but recording aspect sucks i feel,never catches the start of the program you wanna record if u do it from epg,manual timer is fine obviously,but when your recording say bbc three for example,i can only access bbc 1,2 and say like 2 other channels until ur recording is finished

lost
18th July, 2008, 10:50 AM
was thinking about getting the new pvr ,have 2 already the sv ,and the replay the latter went belly up on me so am just wondering is it any good ,

its working ok here you have to remmember that its only a single tuner so you are limited to what chans you can watch when recording. i have another box and have them looped so i can watch any chan with the other box when recording with the pvr
the alternative if you want to watch any chan when recording would be to buy a receiver that has twin tuners.

lincsat
18th July, 2008, 10:54 AM
why does every seller in this case of the eurovox pvr5000 say that u can connect it to pc to share media to burn to disc etc,must be simple enough or its false advertisement

I don't advertise that as it doesn't work - I guess most sellers just copy each other without actually testing it first!

I have a problem with the channel manager as when i edit it quite a lot ie remove dead channels ,duplicate channels ,god and gay channels and removed some of the audio voiceovers.Once saved i open up dnupman again to resend the new channel listings i get a box mfc application has stopped working.If i upload the channel listing again i get the same,it only lets me in to edit the channels again when i have done a full scan or used the origional file from first scan.I can sometimes edit a few channels and its ok but do a few more and it locks me out again with the error.Any ideas as to why it does this or have a work around.It may be nice to be able to edit the audio channels from the box as you do the channels.

Why not use Voxer or the UFL program to upload/download and edit the channel list - I have no problems using them multiple times

downloader
18th July, 2008, 11:05 AM
Also with the recording it doesn't record all the time like sky+ so you can't randomally rewind live TV. You have to have paused it first. So if you've missed it you've missed it. There's no what happened there Oh just rewind & have a look like sky+

lost
18th July, 2008, 04:18 PM
Also with the recording it doesn't record all the time like sky+ so you can't randomally rewind live TV. You have to have paused it first. So if you've missed it you've missed it. There's no what happened there Oh just rewind & have a look like sky+

But it costs a lot less than sly :dancing:

plumber50
18th July, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi need help, bought a eurovox pvr today and im only getting the freeview channels, done scan all channels are listed but only the freeview channels working. please help

hi are you looking to connect to cable or just fta, if you are looking to connect to cable i do with some info.

satsmo
18th July, 2008, 05:57 PM
Somehow I think he got sorted if you read all of the OPs posts :)

leeny
18th July, 2008, 08:16 PM
put the software in from the download section hear on this site

<--leeny added 9 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...-->

hi wot do i have to do to use the downloads facility hear , i am new today
PS you can use Hitachi hard drives if you snap off some of the plastic

downloader
19th July, 2008, 09:09 AM
My hard drive works ok but when the pvr manager is emty i.e. no saved recordings it says hard drive is full or not installed does any one else get this?

lost
19th July, 2008, 10:04 AM
yes thats normal nothing to worry about