PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fiesta 1.4

radiosolutions
3rd February, 2016, 10:57 PM
2004 reg, pcm is faulty,sim210. I manage to locate a secondhand pcm. When I try to do pmi programming,the option is not available on ids or focom. Is it not possible to use a secondhand one for this vehicle.

flyins
3rd February, 2016, 11:09 PM
Is the ecu same for the car? i.e. engine etc?
If so just initialize it, you will need two keys as you will have to erase them first then reprogram keys, i dont think you need to pmi ecu into car as its secondhand,
go under pats functions erase keys and then initialize and it should work

radiosolutions
3rd February, 2016, 11:14 PM
Same ecu m8. Only have one key with car. If I erase will I need 2 keys. When you say initialise how do I do that.thanks

flyins
3rd February, 2016, 11:19 PM
yes two keys, you can even use a secondhand key mate, just pop the transponder out of the key then just swap transponder when it asks for second key, so load up ids go to pats functions then in the list you will see erase keys, then it will give you an outcode,then you will need an incode, then reprogram the two keys then you will see module initialization then click on that and then it will give you a dual outcode then input your incode then it will module reset and then job done
P.S. dont switch ignition off when getting your incode or take tool out as the code will change

radiosolutions
3rd February, 2016, 11:24 PM
Do I erase keys with original ecu on,or with secondhand one. Also pats function is in pcm,ipc,bcm . Which one do I go in to do erase and program

flyins
3rd February, 2016, 11:28 PM
Do I erase keys with original ecu on,or with secondhand one. Also pats function is in pcm,ipc,bcm . Which one do I go in to do erase and program

erase keys with secondhand one on, the PATS functions is on the same page (tab) PCM service functions etc. You cant miss it it says PATS FUNCTIONS then click on it and then it will take you to another page, just make sure you have two keys during module reset or atleast two transponders. It be easy once you see

radiosolutions
3rd February, 2016, 11:34 PM
Superb m8 thanks for all your help, one last thing,what transponder chip do I need for this car, fiesta2004 reg.

flyins
3rd February, 2016, 11:38 PM
Superb m8 thanks for all your help, one last thing,what transponder chip do I need for this car, fiesta2004 reg.

I think it should be a 4c mate, just read the key in zedbull first
think theres also a possibility that it could also be id4d or id60
but quite sure someone else on here will tell you for certain
ecu has got same numbers? Anyway you will soon find out if its not lol, dont worry aslong as youve got access to two same id transponders and incode /outcode calc that can do dual codes you have no probs