PDA

View Full Version : Building 7020 image ?

nosilla99
18th August, 2009, 04:27 PM
Has anyone here managed to successfully build a 7020 image as I could do with some pointers.

I have installed all the pre-requiste packages on ubuntu 8.10 and downloaded Makefile-dreambox.

I modified the Makefile and set MACHINE=dm7020 and then ran the build process.

The build process completes without error and an nfi image of 21MB is created.

If I try and upload the image as a multiboot using flashwizard 6.3 to my dreambox the installation gets to 100% and then states installation failed.

I have SIF193E as my flash image and I am trying to install the build image to CF, other images install to CF without a problem.

Am I doing something stupid, has anyone else experienced this issue and if so did you manage to resolve the problem.

Cheers

NOS.

osborne82
18th August, 2009, 05:20 PM
Has anyone here managed to successfully build a 7020 image as I could do with some pointers.

I have installed all the pre-requiste packages on ubuntu 8.10 and downloaded Makefile-dreambox.

I modified the Makefile and set MACHINE=dm7020 and then ran the build process.

The build process completes without error and an nfi image of 21MB is created.

If I try and upload the image as a multiboot using flashwizard 6.3 to my dreambox the installation gets to 100% and then states installation failed.

I have SIF193E as my flash image and I am trying to install the build image to CF, other images install to CF without a problem.

Am I doing something stupid, has anyone else experienced this issue and if so did you manage to resolve the problem.

Cheers

NOS.

which makefile did u use ? and does the image install to flash ok ?

cheers
osborne82

also have u tried sif193d in flash

nosilla99
18th August, 2009, 06:02 PM
@osborne82,

Thanks for the reply, I used Makefile-opendreambox-1.5 from opendreambox.org

The image is present on flash, but it wont boot and dreambox restarts after a period of time.

I have not tried putting an older image on flash, as all other images transfer and load fine from CF.

NOS

nosilla99
21st August, 2009, 01:28 PM
Finally resolved the issue, the dreambox-image.bb shipped with openembedded v1.5 is flawed.

The DM7020 does not support autofs but this module is included by default in all build images.

Removed autofs from list of modules defined in OPENDREAMBOX_COMMON and the image now loads and boots correctly

NOS.

dantedmc3
21st August, 2009, 01:33 PM
Thats what i would have told you