PDA

View Full Version : Help! Killed my starview box.

StarviewGav
18th August, 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've uploaded the starview 2 (the box) firmware on a starview 1 box!! Very stupid thing to do I know but was wondering if anyone new how to resolve this. I seem to have killed it all together. When it's switched on, all i get is the logo 'the box'. Does anyone know how to do a hard reset or re-install the correct firmware. Everytime I try to download the correct firmware, it fails. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Gav

smirnoff_rules
18th August, 2009, 07:30 PM
Is it a clone or genuine box? It is a bad flash, you need to unplug it, hit download on gtromloader wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. This may take a few attempts.

It will catch eventually and say "flash burning" at the end and that will do it. But its important to know what firmware you are using.

thanx to satsmo

try this f/w too

martin-f
19th August, 2009, 03:00 AM
as said above a bit more info this is a old tut but it does work
some times you have to flash back to the firmware you had on the box before it messed up good luck hope it helps

Another method you can use to recover from a bad flash, eg. the box won't boot to standby and is stuck
in pre standby, either after about 3 or 4 moving green lines the box sticks with the green line not moving
at all or it keeps moving forever. If the box will NOT RE-FLASH as normal from on or standby, try this but it
may take a few goes to work.

Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct
firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download.
Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec.
(If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete pop up box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

If you don't know the state of the box switch it on see what happens see if there already has been a channel
scan done before-meaning there are channels on it working or not. If so tune to an unencrypted channel as above
then standby then re-flash.

StarviewGav
19th August, 2009, 10:04 AM
thanks guys, I tried the method you have both suggested but only about 3 or 4 times without success. I will retry it until it works. Thanks again.

Gav

StarviewGav
19th August, 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh forgot to say, it's genuine box. Should this make any difference to the bring it back to life procedure? :ahhhhh:

Gav

EAMO 2
19th August, 2009, 10:56 AM
Oh forgot to say, it's genuine box. Should this make any difference to the bring it back to life procedure? :ahhhhh:

Gav

There are 1000's of perfectly good SVU1 boxes in N*L (EIRE) areas just
gathering dust. Mod could put you in touch, If not P.M. me, there would be
NO CHARGE for these boxes.