PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using Mint Linux.................

ukbigd
18th August, 2009, 11:06 PM
I Have multi booted my laptop with Vista, Mandriva And Linux Mint 7 KDE .

http://www.linuxmint.com/index.php I Have found that I prefer to use mint linux above the others, Been a total noob with Linux I have found mint the best one to use. Any other fans out there.................

Bulld0g
18th August, 2009, 11:09 PM
Dabbled with Linux a few times but never been able to get my wireless card working so gave up everytime lol.

ukbigd
19th August, 2009, 03:23 PM
Dabbled with Linux a few times but never been able to get my wireless card working so gave up everytime lol.

Have you tried Linux recently, Its a lot easier to use then before. It picked my wireless up first time.

Bulld0g
19th August, 2009, 03:51 PM
Have you tried Linux recently, Its a lot easier to use then before. It picked my wireless up first time.

Tbh i haven't tried it for a while. Did mint pick it right away or was it another distro ?

ukbigd
21st August, 2009, 07:58 PM
Tbh i haven't tried it for a while. Did mint pick it right away or was it another distro ?

Mint picked it up as well as Mandriva most Linux will pick it up and set it up for you, Of course you will have to put your password in for i to connect to the Internet............

kevin2cox
29th October, 2009, 07:49 AM
mint linux is the best

clem58
29th October, 2009, 09:54 PM
I have linux6.2 on my ps3, i can neither send or recieve emails nor can i watch you tube vid's. i try in vain to follow the steps required in order to download the bit of software required in order to watch you tube vid's, but i keep getting a error msg. If i was to download windows 7 unto the linux would it solve the problem.if you think you can solve this issue i'll tell you in detail what it is i'm doing so that imight find a solution.

leonhook
2nd November, 2009, 04:37 PM
i prefer to you use ubuntu, its pretty much the same as linux mint. i found out about ubuntu, after my work pc crashed and my Tight a*s IT department refused to fix it so i formatted it and put ubuntu on it and had no problems since.

kiko
3rd November, 2009, 09:32 AM
I use mandriva or sidux(based on debian) and for me is the best distro linux ever