PDA

View Full Version : Heads up......PS3 Slim just announced at Gamescom - it's official!

Raven
19th August, 2009, 12:14 AM
Sony just announced "Slimline" PS3 at the Gamescom convention - keynotes to consider: It's available beginning of September, 34% less power consumption and 34% lighter (i dunno about no more heroes, but thank christ for no more blisters!) and....it's going to have a 120gb hard drive, and retail for 300 dollars, 300 euros - ?250 according to the article - new console revision, bigger hard drive AND cheaper - I fully expect all current PS3's to be ?200 or less when this rolls out.

$299 PS3 Slim unveiled, existing console prices drop Aug. 19 - PSP News at GameSpot (http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6215296/299-ps3-slim-unveiled-existing-console-prices-drop-aug-19)

violentj
25th August, 2009, 01:59 PM
and its danm ugly too,it does however make the original one look good

dctyper
25th August, 2009, 03:23 PM
you will be able to add an os to it, maybe the start of some cracking?

violentj
25th August, 2009, 03:56 PM
you will be able to add an os to it, maybe the start of some cracking?

i think you may have misunderstood m8,sony have removed the ability to use linux on the slim

Raven
25th August, 2009, 06:43 PM
and its danm ugly too,it does however make the original one look good

While I wouldn't say it looks damn ugly, I do agree that the original model looks alot better, however the slim does look a damn sight better on display than those god awful leaked pictures made it out to be.