PDA

View Full Version : VW golf 1.6tdi ecu

lozeeyy
20th February, 2016, 12:21 PM
Hi, i have a 2011 golf 1.6tdi and the kess v2 unit, i have ecu id the car and it shows up as locked, however i was wondering if i could read the ecu file while it's locked or i can use the option in the kess v2 tool menu to unlock it and read or write. The only reason why i'm skeptical is one i don't want to brick the ecu and 2 it has to eventually go back for that emissions software update at volkswagen sometime in june onwards. Should i unlock the ecu and read or write or shall i leave it until volkswagen does emissions update?

Thanks
golf 1.6tdi bluemotion
HW: CAYC
SW: 03L906023MN

kospoz
20th February, 2016, 12:32 PM
Yes you can read it while is locked but for writting you must unlock it first.If vw update it then you must reflash it again with your mod file

lozeeyy
20th February, 2016, 12:36 PM
Thank you!

mastaflex
21st February, 2016, 12:16 AM
sorry , don't reflash it with your mod file but you have to remod the reading after the update

kospoz
21st February, 2016, 11:05 AM
sorry , don't reflash it with your mod file but you have to remod the reading after the update
I think thay you can write the mod file because the update will be for only emission trick.but to be sure 100% must back up the new file and then can play