PDA

View Full Version : Dbox2 flash problem

pcphil
10th July, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hi all,
I have a dbox2 that is stuck on loading kernel. Now I have tried three versions of IFA and countless images but I end up with the same result. I have managed with the older version of IFA to go through the whole procedure of flashing the box and on the comm window it says copy to flash and after a few minutes it displays done. A message comes up in German I click ok and then reboot the box. The new image is displayed on the box and on the tv screen but it says loading kernel and will not go any further. I have spent many many hours both checking all posts and constantly trying to reflash but end up in the same situation. Any ideas guys or is this box knackered. One other thing on the lcd of the dbox2 it displays the ifa logo when I connect it but this image never changes and it does not show flashing or fertig in the lcd at any point. I also noticed in the comm widow at one point it says "bootd recursion detected", does this mean anything? Any help greatfully appreciated.Thank you.

mini
10th July, 2008, 06:08 PM
Try using a different image, I had that problem with lebello image.
Got it to work with blade quad..........

pcphil
10th July, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hi Mini as I have said I have tried many images and I end up with the same error. When I say I spent many many hours on this already believe me I have. I have done a massive amount of research into this but to no avail. I feel if I do not get the answer here I am unlikly to get it anywhere else.

C64
10th July, 2008, 08:54 PM
You sound like you know what you're doing and if you've tried a stack of different images and verified that they match your chipset then I'd tend to think the box has seen better days, might be time to upgrade mate.

Have you tried flashing from a different PC?

hamtt
10th July, 2008, 10:09 PM
try blade image

pcphil
11th July, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Withcy2k1 I have not tried to flash from another pc and I will certainly consider giving that a shot if I get the opportunity but I do feel like yourself that this box has seen better days. I just was hoping someone here may have come across something similar so I could try a different approach. Cheers.

<--pcphil added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...-->

Hi Hamtt. I have tried any Blad Quad image there is but to no avail. I end up in the same situation. Thanks.