PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think DBox2 Support\Development ending?

Dog
10th July, 2008, 07:25 PM
Is it me or has there been a slow down in everything dbox since the hassle of the keyrolls. I believe a hell of a lot of people you where key to this scene have left for 1 reason or another.

Or is it that the dbox has hit its potential? and now its time for new challanges?

C64
10th July, 2008, 08:35 PM
Probably the latter mate.

Due to hardware limitations I reckon most image creators have squeezed out everything that the box is capable of already, there's still plenty of life in the old dog yet though so don't be tempted to flog it (unless you feel it's time for a change).

The Dbox2 has proved it's worth many times over and I still reckon it's one of the most stable platforms around.

m4rky
10th July, 2008, 08:41 PM
I wounder what Box everyone will get there teeth into next

C64
10th July, 2008, 08:51 PM
I reckon satellite hacking is gonna be the next big thing - especially with Cardsharing become more popular by the day. More and more people are learning about it and when you compare what's available on Satellite to what you get on Cable it really is an eye opener.

When I say Satellite, I don't necessairly mean Sky.

plasterer
10th July, 2008, 10:58 PM
D box editing wont end mate
Its just a game of Cat and Mouse
Like everything else
We just Enjoy the Chase
And fixing the things they unfix
Its like bein back at school ..................Paul

elfis280
10th July, 2008, 11:07 PM
yes and the dbox is winning at the moment! if you look at the price of the dbox's on ebay it shows that if anything there is more demand for them than ever before!

bs123
12th July, 2008, 05:47 PM
Is it woth changing to DreamBox? Are there any benefits?

Devilfish
12th July, 2008, 05:52 PM
The dbox2 will always be around...they're as solid as a rock!

But they are old technology and they're not the best for picture quality when it comes to larger lcd and plasma tvs. They were designed in the early 1990s so the technology is not the best.

Dreambox, Vantage, Humax, Eurovox, iTGate, etc. are other options. I'd say the dreambox has the best support if you're wanting to learn something new.

kawasakikr1
13th July, 2008, 01:36 PM
But they are old technology and they're not the best for picture quality when it comes to larger lcd and plasma tvs.

I have a Sagem DBox at the moment on a 37" LCD. Would there be a noticeable difference in picture quality with one of the newer boxes?

thebigman
13th July, 2008, 05:44 PM
I would have to say i don't think you'd notice any difference. I'm using my nokia with a 42" plasma and the picture is great. I have tried a dm500 and i thought the picture was poorer if anything. The best thing you can do is invest in decent cables.

thebigman