PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 2.0 TDI 2006 4F Auto Gearbox Problem

lmsvvavr
25th February, 2016, 08:44 PM
Hi

I have been working on this Audi A6, and the original problem was actually masking a few more.

First was the DPF blocked, engine light on and no rev above 3k.
I removed the DFP and cleaned it, changed the DPF pressure sensor, enabled forced regen and went for a drive.
Regen kicked in, drove until was finished, DPF all good!

When I then tried to pull a bit harder, the glow plug light came on, "Turbo limit not reached", or something like that, long story short, the EGR cooler solenoid was passing to the exhaust side, not allowing the vaccum to build up... solenoid changed and problem cure.

Now, another one came up, if i wedge the wheels and engage D or R, I can put my foot right to the floor that the car does not move.
I can feel it trying to engage, but it does not.
On a flat surface it goes, but you can feel it kinda slipping really bad...

TCM has no codes, and on live data when the car tries to engage I can see RPM on both sensors, input and output, otherwise reads 0 rpm.

I want to send the car to a friend garage, but want to try to go straight to the issue, to avoid leaving the car in there for too long.

My hunch goes for the torque converter, what do you guys think?

mihaiservice
25th February, 2016, 10:57 PM
Hi
i am not sure if clutch converter are damage...but the first step are to check dpf file ! some byt in the file can disable CAN BUS data to TCU !
also try to make again adaptation with VasPc or Odis on gearbox,try to relearn again all steps for gears ! are a common problem for all kind of multitronic gearbox from VAG cars also sometime it lose configuration !