PDA

View Full Version : Which starview do I have?

drgonzo
20th August, 2009, 04:34 PM
I always have issues with Starview boxes! My friend has given me one to flash for him and it's not having it.

Before the obvious replies, I have a null modem cable and have flashed boxes before - if anything it is probably because I have a USB adapter and not a com port but I never get this issue with eurovoxes.

On the front of the box it says "TheBox" and it has 7x25 vents on the top. Which file should I be using to flash this? It just keeps saying "flash update failed."

Thanks for any help.

portbhoy
20th August, 2009, 04:41 PM
You have a starview 4 usb

drgonzo
20th August, 2009, 04:57 PM
Haha I am so glad I at least half know what I am talking about and don't just listen to fools on the internet! It clearly isn't a starview 4 USB!

khenryashley
20th August, 2009, 04:57 PM
The box is the starview 2
Starview 4 is the box super USB

khenryashley
20th August, 2009, 04:59 PM
I always have issues with Starview boxes! My friend has given me one to flash for him and it's not having it.

Before the obvious replies, I have a null modem cable and have flashed boxes before - if anything it is probably because I have a USB adapter and not a com port but I never get this issue with eurovoxes.

On the front of the box it says "TheBox" and it has 7x25 vents on the top. Which file should I be using to flash this? It just keeps saying "flash update failed."

Thanks for any help.
What is the current firmware on the box.
You can do this through the menu

portbhoy
20th August, 2009, 05:21 PM
That'll teach me to read right I thought you said it has a usb port lol

khenryashley
20th August, 2009, 05:31 PM
No Probs. I have done it myself