PDA

View Full Version : SD card problem

glic83
20th August, 2009, 05:12 PM
ok a mate of mine got a new acer one netbook with linux on it. It has an 8 gig ssd drve so he wanted to add more storage and install windows 7,he got an 8 gig sdhc card to bring him to 16 gig in total, the card worked fine until he went to put it into a windows computer the card isnt reconised!!! he has tried formatting it to ntfs through linux and has tried to re format it through hes camera it still wont work on windows but will still work fine on linux,has anybody ever encountered a problem like this before?thanks in advance

grimdafango
20th August, 2009, 11:26 PM
weird problem...

Dreamer
21st August, 2009, 12:02 AM
yeah i have seen a similar problem before... basically the pc with windows is not as smart as machines running linux or different operating systems.. so you need to format it on a pc first.. The other machines should still be able to read it and the pc should be happy again. Hopefully

gohanni
14th June, 2010, 10:09 PM
i had a similar prob, i turned out to be the card reader its self. the pc built in reader would not support hc cards. i bought one from POUND LAND that worked fine. only cost a quid.

ifred
19th June, 2010, 02:25 PM
how about if its formatted to Fat32 some cards won't be recognised with windows linux is less fussy about NFTS

pantomime horse
23rd June, 2010, 08:11 PM
i had a similar prob, i turned out to be the card reader its self. the pc built in reader would not support hc cards. i bought one from POUND LAND that worked fine. only cost a quid.

from poundland for a quid
now thats a surprise
I mean the clue is in the name lol