PDA

View Full Version : MS41 checksum

diyre
27th February, 2016, 08:50 PM
Hi all, I'm a little busy and I have a BMW E39 ECU 528, siemens MS41. There a way to calculate the checksum ??
however much I look and I try I can not find the way. I found a web does not work.
a greeting

ruscic
28th February, 2016, 04:15 PM
Winols do it

Poslano sa mog Lenovo P1a42 koristeći Tapatalk

diyre
28th February, 2016, 06:12 PM
thanks for your reply, and probe with WinOLS, it seems that I have the ols for this file.
a greeting

diyre
29th February, 2016, 06:34 PM
good afternoon , when you start the ecu , when unbootable not connect your pc . I found an equal , not start by immo but if you connect pc . this instead of being a 528 , is a copy 523. all 28f200 memory of the original to the other ecu , the checksum would have to not be affected. prove today and will not start, also connect the pc .
I happened something like that ??

diyre
29th February, 2016, 10:01 PM
good afternoon , when you start the ecu , when unbootable not connect your pc . I found an equal , not start by immo but if you connect pc . this instead of being a 528 , is a copy 523. all 28f200 memory of the original to the other ecu , the checksum would have to not be affected. prove today and will not start, also connect the pc .
I happened something like that ??

I just realized that also carries an EEPROM 24C04, you may only copy the flash if this does not start, you should also copy the EPROM for a complete cloned.
If someone work with some of this type and can give some light.
a greeting
thanks

Morette
29th February, 2016, 11:35 PM
You do not need to copy the eprom over, just the flash chip.

What are you doing? Changing 523 to 528?

diyre
1st March, 2016, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your reply, the vehicle starts when want is a 528i, you found a secondhand ecu, same reference, MS41, all the same, but it is a 523i. This does not start the immo. copy the entire flash 28F200 from the original to the new. But this does not start or connect with diagnosis, yesterday I noticed that also carries a 24C04 EPROM, is not the copy. It not if it does not work for the checksum is different to change all information, or because the information does not match the flash that is a model with EPROM.
a greeting

Morette
1st March, 2016, 08:44 PM
Check the soldering, you should not need to change the eeprom

diyre
1st March, 2016, 10:22 PM
thank you very much, I go back to check, but the first thing I did, I tide that the new make me the same as the original once copied the entire program, the 1 time, the original does not connect to PC and the new one if it was copied all flash, and so connects to any PC.
also left the read of each of the ecu's for if you see something wrong files. It could put the original file without immo new? would have less power the car, you may not know difference.
a greeting

Morette
2nd March, 2016, 12:03 AM
Your original read is bad, possibly a poor leg connection, everything is corrupt.
Here is a 528 file for you, no immo

diyre
2nd March, 2016, 07:41 AM
Thank you very much for your help, I was up late yesterday, when removing the flash of the new, put it in reading and I realized that reading was not right that wrote at the time. Borre, wrote again. To my surprise, I check always gives me error. Many attempts putting memory in its base, whenever strummed ID, gave me numbers that had nothing to do. In the end I came out Intel 28F200, I read, empty memory, borrabas, error, so on, until I got to write, when I check, error.
I thought that writing the original, which does not connect with the PC, must pass the problem to the new. So I remain also dead.
I try to write this file and I will continue with attempts. I'm commenting
a greeting
thanks

diyre
3rd March, 2016, 10:33 PM
Good night, finally I got a new flash, put the file you sent me. Connect with diagnosis and start engine. It seems that the corrupt reading made me the big problem. Try cancel the immo, but I have to correct the checksum file, so I stay the same. So I decided to copy the original data, but it made me more work.
a greeting
thank you very much for your patience