PDA

View Full Version : freezing!

enery8th
10th July, 2008, 10:38 PM
hi folks .. ive had my dbox2 for a few months now but its started freezing ..sometimes its worse than others but its really starting to get on my nerves is there a cure for this? other than reflashing any help will be much appreciated:wavey:

plasterer
10th July, 2008, 10:45 PM
Try removeing splitters and Attenuators
Go direct to the wall
If this helps
Get the signal booster Below ......Paul

plasterer (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001001&langId=-1&searchTerms=5344235&x=26&y=7)

enery8th
14th July, 2008, 06:48 PM
dont have a clue what splitters and Attenuators are mate im new to this

Bulld0g
14th July, 2008, 06:55 PM
Attenuators reduce the signal strength to the box. Too strong a signal can cause a bad picture freezing etc. A splitter is a device that allows the cable to be split so you can add another cable from the splitter to add another receiver or modem

Devilfish
14th July, 2008, 07:10 PM
Every time you add a splitter it will degrade the signal quality.

enery8th
15th July, 2008, 06:26 PM
ok thanks guys...tried plugging straight into the wall but no luck so..what about these attenuaters then lol its driving me nuts all this freezin:(

aftermath
15th July, 2008, 07:20 PM
do you have a loose fit ( socket in tuner ) ?
try nipping the inner circle on the tuned to give a tighter fit.

also push your scart leads right in.

what BER and SNR you getting on what channel ?

enery8th
17th July, 2008, 06:46 PM
tried everything still the same..its only doing it on certain channels..all my favourites lol checked the ber on discovery channel the one that freezes most...ber max 150..min 30.......... snr.max 62708..min 61937 first time i ever saw this screen, somebody at work told me to reflash but i dunno if i want to try this as ive never done it yet and i dunno if will do any good!... wife want to kick my head in! coz she cant watch a film properly lol

jainorm1
17th July, 2008, 08:41 PM
I had the same problem a few weeks ago with 5 channels freezing so I bought a new scart lead (gold plated ) from b+Q
4 channels are now perfect and 1 freezes for a second once or twice a hour
a 95% improvement

enery8th
19th July, 2008, 08:13 PM
ok mate i will give that a try ...cheers!

scottshaw
21st July, 2008, 07:35 PM
What image are you using? I've got Pacino trilogy and that causes channel freezing all the time, want to change it but want to make sure that the keys auto update, before this image I didn't have this option...

enery8th
24th July, 2008, 06:08 PM
aaaaargh! that never worked either think i have to reflash ..never done it before but im getting desperate! i have the xl tv package will that make any difference?:2in1:

<--enery8th added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...-->

yup its pacino i think... its the one with the dogs at the start lol says gav1234

arabeman14
24th July, 2008, 07:43 PM
hi,
usualy, the dbox freez when there is no signal and it try to update the service.xml
you could check if you have a good signal and (or) good service.xml
or disable the transponder update and make a channels scan.

scottshaw
25th July, 2008, 10:09 PM
Maybe freezing due to the image your using, anyone know a good image for Nokia Dbox2 that doesn't freeze or reboot and has auto key update? Finding one is so hard....!! Any help will be appreciated

plasterer
25th July, 2008, 10:46 PM
Dont think its a Image related thing
Although Image makers are doing For Both Sagem and Nokias Individualy Now
And the G Box thing a sure winner for Sagems
But If your tuners worth its salt
And your signals A1
Any image should run smooth with the Correct ucode selected
Blades Good at the Mo
Also Commando s a winner
Once you get one on your Happy with
if your not a member of the FIDDELERS club like Me
Leave well alone
And rescan every month or so for Best results
Be Lucky .......Paul:wink:

johnlogie
25th July, 2008, 11:47 PM
Try changin the ucodes m8

plasterer
25th July, 2008, 11:52 PM
Try changin the ucodes m8

As above John LOl

enery8th
30th July, 2008, 08:05 PM
think i got it fixed...changed the cam ..all cams were selected except one selected the one that wasnt seletcted and disabled the others...still does it from time to time but not nearly as much!:dancing: ill keep my fingers crossed

jaytag
30th July, 2008, 08:19 PM
i have the same problem but ive been told its my snapshot image.is this true as i dont know anything about dboxes and 2 with the sameproblem

muckpig
1st August, 2008, 04:22 PM
think i got it fixed...changed the cam ..all cams were selected except one selected the one that wasnt seletcted and disabled the others...still does it from time to time but not nearly as much!:dancing: ill keep my fingers crossed

what do you mean when you refer to "cam"
where do you change the cam?

ive got a similar problem with channels freezing for 30 seconds
if i try and move off channel and back on this seems to occasionally unfreeze the channel quicker than waiting

MetMan
1st August, 2008, 04:50 PM
what do you mean when you refer to "cam"
where do you change the cam?

ive got a similar problem with channels freezing for 30 seconds
if i try and move off channel and back on this seems to occasionally unfreeze the channel quicker than waiting

the cams are the methods of emulation....mainly 4 types, evocamd, newcamd, mgcamd and gbox not all au and not all in imgs....he must a tried a different one and it seems to have improved the freezing.....gbox cam is renowned for helping this issue but it will not au, there are some imgs have a script written to switch to evocamd to update then switch back to gbox when theres a k*eyroll.

hope this helps

skinterz
2nd August, 2008, 11:48 PM
ive had the same problems ,every 4-5 min screen freezes for 10 seconds its really annoying i got the booster and did a new scan still freezes .

i cant see how i can go direct to cable box for my tv as i have my internet connection running off the splitter.

enery8th
3rd August, 2008, 06:22 PM
press the blue button then service menu then keys menu then nagra image i just tried enabling and disabling different ones think its worked for me..its definatly better so far still freezing a little on some channels from time to time

skinterz
4th August, 2008, 12:01 PM
press the blue button then service menu then keys menu then nagra image i just tried enabling and disabling different ones think its worked for me..its definatly better so far still freezing a little on some channels from time to time

i got four nagra rom three were enabled should there just be one rom enabled ?

gizmo.1484
4th August, 2008, 01:06 PM
Rom 7 is the most used so disable 3-10-11 this should sort it out as when they are all active it takes longer to update them........
hope this helps m8

skinterz
5th August, 2008, 03:52 PM
Rom 7 is the most used so disable 3-10-11 this should sort it out as when they are all active it takes longer to update them........
hope this helps m8

thank you m8

redhound
9th August, 2008, 04:31 PM
the tuner gets hot also,remove the modem to improve air flow.