PDA

View Full Version : Dream box

hitman07
15th March, 2008, 05:41 PM
I am wondering what channels i will be able to pick up using a dream box? i have a technomate 1000 at the minute and i am thinking of upgrading. will i get any more on a dream box compared to a technomate? thanks in advance

thommo
15th March, 2008, 06:18 PM
channels wont be any different mate, open packages are mostly the same on any box, technomates are user friendly to use wheas dreamboxes if your not familiar with them can be tricky at first but can be picked up with out major issues.

if your wanting ease of use and the channels esy updated say by usb stick then i would go for a 5000 series technomate although the box you have should do the same trick as the rest.

if you want to stream or c/s then a linux box like a dreambox would be the way to go ut if its just for watching the footy or movies and ease of use then technomate all the way, all depends what you want from the box.

have you got open packages at the min on your box as you seem unsure (premiere,polsat ect..), have your applied a patch to the box to open the available packages or is this a fairly new thing to you and its just a virgin untouched box?

the more you give us the more we can give you back mate.

hitman07
15th March, 2008, 06:38 PM
yeah i have the latest patch and the polsat and premiere. is there anything else that i can get that i should be getting? thanks again mate

thommo
15th March, 2008, 06:53 PM
you have the main ones i use prem and polsat but there are other channels about.

Packages

Arqiva (Sirius 2/3) Available with latest patch
Art/Showtime (Nilesat 7E) Not Available. Anyway....you will need a BIG dish
Canal France (Astra 1) Not available currently
Cyfra + (Hotbird) Some Channels Available!!
Digi TV (Thor) Available with current patch
Digital + (Hispasat/Astra 1) Gone to nagra 3....not available...yet!
Digiturk (Eutelsat W3A) Not available
DMC (Telstar 12) Available with latest patch
Kabel Deutschland (Astra 3a) Available with current patch
MCT (Hotbird) Available but keys need updating regularly!
Polsat (Hotbird) Available with current patch!!
Premiere (Astra 1) Available with current patch and AU!!
Redlight (Hotbird) Available but keys need updating regularly!
TPS (Hotbird) Available & Currently AU!!
TV Cabo (Hispasat) Gone to nagra 3....not available...yet!

if your wanting to watch footy @3pm which is why i went motorised sat then this site is good for what match is on what channel and what sat.

http://www.liveonsat.com/

krazylegz
16th March, 2008, 04:13 PM
as stated m8 you wont get any more channels on a dreambox than you would a technomate unless you went down the sharing route;)