PDA

View Full Version : Garmin help - lost of satellite signal

ash1977
21st August, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hello all

Has any of you had a problem with the Garmin nuvi taking long to pick up a signal even when driving for over 30mins? I am finidng this and is quite annoying, used to work like a dream when I first got it picking it up in seconds

pipples
6th September, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hello all

Has any of you had a problem with the Garmin nuvi taking long to pick up a signal even when driving for over 30mins? I am finidng this and is quite annoying, used to work like a dream when I first got it picking it up in seconds
bought a Garmin nuvi 5000 recently and seems to spend much of the time in "aquiring satellites" mode. Dont know whether this is a UK problem as the GPS worked in France very well. In the UK product about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Shall endeavour to contact Garmin in Southampton tomorrow to see whether I can get any sense out of them?!

skinkone
6th September, 2009, 04:10 PM
I usually have the same problem at startup. Sometimes turning off and turning on helps the problem, but that's a small consolation.

dik
7th September, 2009, 01:53 PM
You don't have one of those UV blocking windscreens do you? ( they block satellite reception ) if so you can stick it on a side window to test, if that makes it better then you need an aerial

josh786
3rd March, 2010, 04:15 PM
hi i have the same problem. it used to work like a dream and pick up the satellite in seconds. now it has trouble and takes 30 minues