PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Channel Lists Save before Re-flash

dazmaul
21st August, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hi guys,

My DM800 has been working OK since I bought a USB fan to keep it cool but today I it has stopped working.

It was working fine, I scanned a transponder on 28.2E and now the tuner status is showing as 0% SNR. I have rebooted and unplugged the power but to no joy.

I have had this problem before and found that a re-flash fixed it.

What I want to know is if I can save my channel lists, settings, etc by exporting from dreambox to PC then restore them after a flash, saving me not having to rescan every satellite I have set the box up for.

If so, which files control the channel lists, etc. Is it the LAMEDB file?

Any help much appreciated.

Curious123
21st August, 2009, 09:04 PM
Are you able to connect to your dm800 with your pc? If you cannot connect to your dm800 with your pc than you cannot backup the channel list all you can do is reflash your dreambox. If you can connect then use dreamboxedit to save your channel list to your pc.

dazmaul
21st August, 2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah, the box is working other than there is no signal from the tuner, but it was OK before.

Which files need backing up?

westkill
21st August, 2009, 09:19 PM
have you a internal hdd or a mounted usb stick
if the image is still accessable there should be a option in the menu,s or via the blue button image dependant i think lol
called software manager
default backup location is medeia/hdd or in advanced options it can be changed
you can backup your settings and restore option when you flash new image should automatically restore the settings :)