PDA

View Full Version : Saab Keys

AClaret
11th July, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi, I have a Saab 93, 51 plate, it needs new key batteries, the nearest saab dealer to me is nearly 50 miles away, also they charge a fortune haha, went to my local Vauxhall garage (GM) but they didn't know how to separate the key to change the battery, anyone any ideas ??

Neil
12th July, 2008, 11:12 PM
Google is your friend :)

The battery life is about 3 years under normal use. Use the distance at which the remote functions to determine the battery strength. On the newer cars the SID unit will read "REPLACE KEY BATTERY" when the battery warning is activated by the remote. To replace the batteries simply push off the back housing by pressing downwards. On the newer remotes you may have to insert a small pin on the side of the remote housing to release the cover or remove screws on the back side of the remote. Remove the batteries and replace them. Most newer remotes are powered by a 3V lithium battey. You can buy them at radio shack. After the batteries have been changed you must press the remote 5 times in a row to re-activate the remote.

smirnoff_rules
14th July, 2008, 05:03 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/cleanup1000/saab.jpg here m8

AClaret
16th July, 2008, 08:52 PM
Well what can I say, worked awesome, tyvm, yeah I should have tried google, you are correct :burnout: but I never claimed to be smart :rofl:anyway, the piccie was of my key, saved me a fortune, once again, tyvm :withstupid: