PDA

View Full Version : Dm through media centre

.: JaCkPoT :.
22nd August, 2009, 02:49 AM
I have been told by a highly respected member of staff here that a media centre will upscale everything going through my dreambox to 1080i. He also told me its in real time So No delay from real picture. Surely this cant upscale everything in real time or why do people buy hd boxes? If i was to get a media centre and watch normal sky sports through it would the pic be the same as sky sports hd?

dctyper
22nd August, 2009, 08:51 AM
you cant upscale an sd picture to hd, its a mith

dctyper
22nd August, 2009, 10:19 AM
just read the post again. you can upsacale to 1080i if you want, it will still be sd

marxian
22nd August, 2009, 11:15 AM
If you have a HDTV, then that will upscale any input to its native resolution anyway. Unless the PCs upscaling is superior to that of the TV, there is no benefit. Either way, you can't transform an SD signal into a HD signal, so the quality will not be comparable to a genuine 1080i/720p broadcast.

If you connect your Dreambox to a PC using a TV capture card, there will also be a slight lag. It's not much, but it is noticeable.

22nd August, 2009, 04:34 PM
Ah right. Id rather get an hd box in the future then..

alunfennell
22nd August, 2009, 06:10 PM
Here Use this ! it wont up scale but it will run on windows media

22nd August, 2009, 06:14 PM
Here Use this !

what is this and what does it do pal?

alunfennell
22nd August, 2009, 06:36 PM
It will let you use your Dreambox through Windows Media Center ! for Pvr Functions and you can tweak the picture some what ... might be good for a play especially if you have more than one Networked receiver..

Regards:
Alun

22nd August, 2009, 06:45 PM
nah not interested in that stuff. Cheers anyway!