PDA

View Full Version : Backup and flashing DM500C Need Help!!!

yeedazz
22nd August, 2009, 05:58 AM
Hi All,

I am a newbie in Singapore who just purchase a DM500C...

I have backup a friend fully working DM500C image by using Dreamup, upon startup his box will show 219F Videolan screen display...

I used Dreamup to flash the working backup to my new box, choosing 'No' to flash erase. Flash-copy succeeded.

Once i start up my box, it show the same screen display videolan as per the backup, and notice an extra screen display showing several fishes for split seconds... The box works only few seconds before it turn off automatically by itself and not working if i try to restart. Need any advice here...

I am a novice so would appreciate detailed instructions. Thanks.

Bonesy
22nd August, 2009, 11:52 AM
hi there sound like software problem..what image exactly have you flashed to the boxd?

yeedazz
22nd August, 2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for responding. I have used the software DreamUp ver 1_3_3_2 to create backup from a known working DM500 box. This working box upon start up, will display Videolan.org as well as 219F wording on the background, seriously speaking i am not sure what is the image i created using Dreamup or what is the current software used on the known working DM500 box. Is there a way for me to find out?

I just wish to clone my newly purchased DM500C box to an existing working set.

cgscott
22nd August, 2009, 02:14 PM
What image are you flashing?

yeedazz
22nd August, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hi, the image is actually created from the 'backup' button found in Dreamup, so i have backup a known working DM500 box and rename the file with the extension .img. I do not have any clue what this image is called?

I not really sure would this work, but my thought is that if I flashed the backup copy into my newly purchased DM500 it will work just like the source?

cgscott
22nd August, 2009, 03:50 PM
If you backup the image from the box a straight flash should do the job.

Try a flash erase first then do again with NO to flash erase.

Although the file should already be backup.img no need to rename.

yeedazz
25th August, 2009, 02:45 AM
Just realise the image which i trying to flash is indeed gemini... believe to be version 4.6

However my box is still not dead but i have reflashed with another image found in this forum... should be a DK and i am seeing everything no problem...

But would still appreciate if someone could clone a gemini image and tell me how to do it... just for learning purpose...