PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 109HP EDC16C34 Tune help

morphvale
15th March, 2016, 05:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I need your help with some issue that I have.
I'm trying to tune my Ford Focus, and increase the power to around 305Nm and 135Hp and also disable DPF (switch method) and EGR (hysteresis method).
Most of my tune works fine, however, I seem not to be able to go over 264Nm of requested torque (as read by Forscan) for some reason. I can surely feel an improvement and all the values (besides the net engine torque from the attached image) are correct in Forscan.

Test run:

This is my driver wish. 84% and 85% pedal position are almost the same, because of the over boost from the Ford Focus:

I have two torque limiter like the one below, set to identical values:

And 7 others limiters which I knew are for each gear. All of them increased to 310 maximum:

Also, another torque limiter with atmospheric pressure:

The single value torque limiter is set to 350 (right before the 7 torque limiters).

However, on a test run with the pedal pushed 100% from 1500RPM to 3500RPM, the net engine torque from Forscan never went over 264.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

CustomCars
15th March, 2016, 06:36 PM
Send me as private link to your work.
I see you remap going into wrong direction, i think you miss few urgent changes.

PS. increasing limiters don't give you more NM and HP without other changes. for power car needed fuel, and that's can get on few ways too depend what you expect.

morphvale
15th March, 2016, 07:58 PM
Nm to iq already goes all the way to 450Nm in one map and to 300 in the other two.
I've also modified the boost maps and limiters to 2.3Bar which I can see being achieved.
I've slightly increased rail pressure which I can also see getting achieved, so that I won't need to modify SOI (which goes to 50 mg of fuel) or duration, which covers as much as 100 mg.
My issue is with the requested torque, which when logged does not go over 264Nm, even though I thibk I have all limiters covered.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

exclusiv
18th June, 2017, 10:00 PM
I also have the same 264 NM problem, if you find the solution please help me too

lsdlsd88
19th June, 2017, 12:07 AM
Are you sure its not a diag limit?

morphvale
19th June, 2017, 03:21 PM
Myself, I gave up trying to figure out what the issue was and just kept the tune. The car has been running like that for over a year now, with no issues.
I don't do this for a living and was only experimenting on my car, but didn't really receive too much feedback, so I just left it as it was.
Given the 264 value is the same, I'd now say it is some sort of calculation issue within the PCM, as the Forscan software retrieves the value from a PID.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

exclusiv
21st June, 2017, 08:07 PM
has anyone experience modifiying this map? does it provide better throttle respone?
I feel my focus 1.6 tdci 109 hp limited in order to run smooth (absolutely impossible wheel spin, kind of a big turbo lag in low gears) compared with my brother's citroen c4 1.6 hdi 92 hp which is fun to drive