View Full Version : W164 instrument cluster teach-in help

paftec
19th March, 2016, 11:01 PM
Hi friends,

Car is Mercedes x164 420cdi.

ic is VDO 1645401011
HW 06/38
SW 06/33

DAS XENTRY tell me that ic is learned but " Status to drive authorization system : identifier does not correspond to vehicle".

I tried many things but without success.

when i try to teach it again, das refuse to make it because ic is learned yet.

If i put mileage to 0 , das also refuses to learn and adapt it to the the drive authorization system.

Same thing if i put FF on the four first lines of eeprom dump.

Mercis tell me to find EZS ID: it's the same on the line five of the dump.

Any ideas to fix it??? initial startup perhaps?

yugo45
20th March, 2016, 04:10 AM
Can you post EZS dump and cluster dump?

volismb
20th March, 2016, 03:23 PM
Maybe your dash is "flashed" and that is why you can't synch it with DAS to the EZS.
Check SSID in EZS and the SSID in the dash. they should match and then this error will disappear.

mercis
20th March, 2016, 05:04 PM
yes,if odo justage with km flash happen,block communication beetwen ic and eis

paftec
20th March, 2016, 08:51 PM
yes,if odo justage with km flash happen,block communication beetwen ic and eis

yes this ic is km flashed but ezs sync every 500kms. The problem is main mileage in drive authorization system is different of the cluster mileage.

i want to force the ic to take the mileage of drive authorization system.

paftec
20th March, 2016, 09:05 PM
Can you post EZS dump and cluster dump?

vageric
20th March, 2016, 09:17 PM

ezs dump is bad. no good read

Speedosoft
20th March, 2016, 09:23 PM
yes this ic is km flashed but ezs sync every 500kms. The problem is main mileage in drive authorization system is different of the cluster mileage.

i want to force the ic to take the mileage of drive authorization system.

That's exactly what those tool do! They disable the cluster's mileage redundancy (that's how MB calls it) from the EIS and/or drive authorization. Btw It's an urban legend to believe that they sync every 500km. It should be said "up to" 500 km. Sometimes it can sync every 200 or 300 km.
To solve your problem you have to reflash your IC with the xentry online and then you can code it and learn it to the drive authorization.
Or maybe it's better for you that you give it a shot with another second hand cluster that has not been tampered with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benzstop
21st March, 2016, 02:15 AM
I have done this successfully with avdi, I read the instrument cluster flash and program to the replacement

paftec
21st March, 2016, 09:43 PM
That's exactly what those tool do! They disable the cluster's mileage redundancy (that's how MB calls it) from the EIS and/or drive authorization. Btw It's an urban legend to believe that they sync every 500km. It should be said "up to" 500 km. Sometimes it can sync every 200 or 300 km.
To solve your problem you have to reflash your IC with the xentry online and then you can code it and learn it to the drive authorization.
Or maybe it's better for you that you give it a shot with another second hand cluster that has not been tampered with.

it's what i was afraid of, i have to make online programming. Do you think i can make it offline?

paftec
21st March, 2016, 09:48 PM
I have done this successfully with avdi, I read the instrument cluster flash and program to the replacement

i can read the flash with avdi but what to after that?

here my flash:365133

volismb
21st March, 2016, 10:28 PM
it's what i was afraid of, i have to make online programming. Do you think i can make it offline?

yes, use an older version of DAS and you can make offline programming and everything will be OK :)

Speedosoft
22nd March, 2016, 03:56 AM
I'm sure someone's gonna say that you can do it with the developper version without explaining how to do it though. You can do coding offline if you perfectly know what features your car has or does not have...but trying to reflash it in order to bring it back to its original state is a big challenge.

milanista
22nd March, 2016, 05:20 AM
I'm sure someone's gonna say that you can do it with the developper version without explaining how to do it though. You can do coding offline if you perfectly know what features your car has or does not have...but trying to reflash it in order to bring it back to its original state is a big challenge.

Why with the developer version? Reprogramming the instrument cluster doesn't require dev version. Just use a version of Xentry which allows offline reprogramming and if necessary I can connect with TeamViewer and get the job done for you.

paftec
22nd March, 2016, 09:32 PM
ok my friends,

and do you think vediamo can make it?

volismb
22nd March, 2016, 09:50 PM
ok my friends,

and do you think vediamo can make it?

yes it can. just be very, very careful what file you select for reprogramming.

Speedosoft
23rd March, 2016, 11:28 AM
Why with the developer version? Reprogramming the instrument cluster doesn't require dev version. Just use a version of Xentry which allows offline reprogramming and if necessary I can connect with TeamViewer and get the job done for you.

Vediamo will certainly do it. But please tell us what menu in DAS allows you to reflash the instrument cluster with a newer version than when it has. I noticed that not all modules offer reprogramming offline. If the the w164 IC can be reflashed offline I guess our friend's problem is solved.
Thx in advance.

paftec
24th March, 2016, 12:09 AM
i can't do it with vediamo because sw cluster is 2514401021 and i don't have it in vediamo dataflash list.

So i'd like to use online coding but don't have access. Someone could help me for this? it would be great

paftec
7th April, 2016, 11:49 PM
solved with vediamo 05.00.06